1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Scripture a Day...

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Ezekiel 18:30-32

"Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? For I take no pleasure in death, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

BurgerChamp and Tao Jones like this.
  2. Man, that's good! That really sounds like our Father, doesn't it? if we choose sin and death, that's on us. But we don't have to die if we don't want to. And if we repent -- turn to him -- he has such good stuff in store for us. New life can be found nowhere else!

3. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Happy Sunday/Monday everyone!

Hebrews 6:13-20

13 For when[e] God made a promise to Abraham, since He had no one greater to swear by, He swore by Himself, 14 saying,

“Surely I will greatly bless[f] you, and I will greatly multiply[g] you.”

15 And so, by[h] persevering, he obtained the promise. 16 For people swear by what is greater than themselves, and the oath for confirmation is the end of all dispute for them. 17 In the same way God, because He[i] wanted to show even more to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of His resolve, guaranteed it with an oath, 18 in order that through two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge may have powerful encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us, 19 which we have like an anchor of the soul, both firm and steadfast, and entering into the inside of the curtain, 20 where Jesus, the forerunner for us, entered, because He[j] became a high priest forever[k] according to the order of Melchizedek.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    BurgerChamp, WaterNewt and Tao Jones like this.
  4. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Luke 18:1-8

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’ “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’ ” And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

BurgerChamp, Tao Jones and WaterNewt like this.
  5. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Mark 14:32-42

They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.” He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled. “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death,” he said to them. “Stay here and keep watch.” Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Simon,” he said to Peter, “are you asleep? Couldn’t you keep watch for one hour? Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Once more he went away and prayed the same thing. When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. They did not know what to say to him. Returning the third time, he said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Enough! The hour has come. Look, the Son of Man is delivered into the hands of sinners. Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!”

6. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalm 51:4,7-12

Against you Lord, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

7. I'm not much for poetry, but that's some all right stuff right there. :)

BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  8. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Matthew 6:34 is “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Glad to see this thread. I myself don't know many verses by heart, but I'd gladly come back here to read these scriptures, definitelly a big goal of mine to not only read, but also memorise more bible texts

9. BurgerChamp, Kemar935 and Akeakua like this.
  10. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

This is a scripture I return to a lot. How awesome we can gain wisdom by asking!

James 1:2-6
    Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

11. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalm 62:5-8

Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

12. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

BurgerChamp, Akeakua and Tao Jones like this.
  13. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Job 39:9-12
    “Will the wild ox consent to serve you? Will it stay by your manger at night? Can you hold it to the furrow with a harness? Will it till the valleys behind you? Will you rely on it for its great strength? Will you leave your heavy work to it? Can you trust it to haul in your grain and bring it to your threshing floor?

Job 40:15-19
    “Look at Behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox. What strength it has in its loins, what power in the muscles of its belly! Its tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of its thighs are close-knit. Its bones are tubes of bronze, its limbs like rods of iron. It ranks first among the works of God, yet its Maker can approach it with his sword.

BurgerChamp, Kemar935 and Tao Jones like this.
  14. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

15. John 13
    31 As soon as Judas left the room, Jesus said, “The time has come for the Son of Man to enter into his glory, and God will be glorified because of him. 32 And since God receives glory because of the Son, he will give his own glory to the Son, and he will do so at once. 33 Dear children, I will be with you only a little longer. And as I told the Jewish leaders, you will search for me, but you can’t come where I am going. 34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

16. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Thank you Tao. What a wonderful, complete scripture.

17. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

2 Timothy 2:22-26

Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

18. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

amen

BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  19. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Romans 8 5-6

''5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.''

20. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Amen. That is the definite truth. Don't stumble over the stumbling stone, the law. Live by faith and by Spirit.

BurgerChamp likes this.