1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Scripture a Day...

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Lamentations 3:22-27

Because of the Lord ’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord . It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young.

2. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

2 Corinthians 7:10-11

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter.

3. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I'm amazed at how well your able to pick out bible verses for each day!

4. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Thank you Kemar! I really appreciate it. Sometimes I pick them out based on my struggles and other times my daily readings. There are endless streams of wealth in the Word.

5. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

I wanted to add to 2 Corinthians 7:10-11 because the context is beautiful:

In 2 Corinthians 7 Paul was writing a letter to a church he had previously warned (he had spoken with great frankness). He had initially regretted his very direct letter, he perhaps thought it was too convicting with little gentleness in tone. However, he became overjoyed when he saw that the church had heeded his warnings, given themselves over to godly sorry, and truly devoted themselves to the Christian God.

The message is: when someone brings advice that is sound with the Law and wisdom within the Word -- even if it is hard-hitting, we should strive not to take offense. Being convicted is extremely uncomfortable; when we are corrected we see the truth of whether we are living in pride or humility. That uncomfortable feeling is a blessing because it allows us to recognize that we are still carrying pride, which is not favored in the eyes of the Lord. We must repent, and be still until we are overtaken with godly sorrow if this is the case. And then we will receive God's deliverance from our evil ways. And we must accept God's deliverance in faith, truly believe we are delivered, otherwise we become double-minded and likely to fall into sin again. All of these words I mean to myself as well.

Also, if you haven't seen, member Tom1492 shared a beautiful devotional on the scripture on the main Christian Fapstronauts Forum. Please check it out.

BurgerChamp, Kemar935 and Tao Jones like this.
  6. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Daniel 9:17-19

“Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. Lord, listen! Lord, forgive! Lord, hear and act! For your sake, my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name.”

7. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Hebrews 10:36-39

You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For, “In just a little while, he who is coming will come and will not delay.” And, “But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back.” But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

8. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

The verse below is a tough verse for mature believers. See the signs and share the parables of Jesus which talk about the last days, however do not long for them. There have been times where I have been guilty of this longing, and it is an unhealthy desire. God's will is that we allow Him to dwell in us that His will may be done here on Earth, that less people experience suffering, that more people may enter into God's kingdom. If we have a heart for God, we have a heart that hates suffering and true death at any point in the timeline.

Amos 5:18-20
    Woe to you who long for the day of the Lord ! Why do you long for the day of the Lord ? That day will be darkness, not light. It will be as though a man fled from a lion only to meet a bear, as though he entered his house and rested his hand on the wall only to have a snake bite him. Will not the day of the Lord be darkness, not light— pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

We are the Lord's temples. Do we need to rebuild our foundations?

Ezra 3:10-11

When the builders laid the foundation of the temple of the Lord , the priests in their vestments and with trumpets, and the Levites (the sons of Asaph) with cymbals, took their places to praise the Lord , as prescribed by David king of Israel.

With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord : “He is good; his love toward Israel endures forever.”

And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the Lord , because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.

10. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 John 3:16-18

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

11. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Salt cleans and preserves.

Colossians 4:2-6
    Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

12. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 Thessalonians 4:9-12

But concerning brotherly love, I do not have need to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another, for indeed you are practicing it toward all the brothers in all of Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers, to progress even more, and to aspire to live a quiet life, and to attend to your own business, and to work with your hands, just as we commanded you, so that you may live decently toward those outside, and may have need of nothing.

13. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalms 73:23-26

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

14. When we can echo these words, we are greatly blessed! What more could we want in life than to know God? :)

Gina3111, BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  15. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Have faith! God blesses prayer, he blesses those who keep knocking, who keep seeking His spiritual nourishments.

1 Kings 18:41-46

And Elijah said to Ahab, “Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain.” So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees. “Go and look toward the sea,” he told his servant. And he went up and looked. “There is nothing there,” he said. Seven times Elijah said, “Go back.” The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea.” So Elijah said, “Go and tell Ahab, ‘Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.’ ” Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain started falling and Ahab rode off to Jezreel. The power of the Lord came on Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.

16. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Proverbs 27:1-2

Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; an outsider, and not your own lips.

17. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Micah 7:18-20

Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. You will be faithful to Jacob, and show love to Abraham, as you pledged on oath to our ancestors in days long ago.

18. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Philippians 2:12-16

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

19. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

2 Thessalonians 3:1-5

As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, for not everyone has faith. But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.

20. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Galatians 6:1-2

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.