1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Scripture a Day...

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Proverbs 21:21-23

He who pursues righteousness and kindness will find life, righteousness, and honor.

To a city of warriors, the wise ascends, and he will bring down the stronghold—its object of trust.

He who guards his mouth and his tongue, he guards his life from danger.

BurgerChamp, WaterNewt and Tao Jones like this.
  2. Proverbs is just awesome, isn't it? We can read it our entire lives and plumb but a fraction of its depths.

BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  3. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

It truly is! I love your phrasing Tao.

BurgerChamp likes this.
  4. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

**enhanced by reading full chapter:

Acts 26:24-29

At this point Festus interrupted Paul’s defense. “You are out of your mind, Paul!” he shouted. “Your great learning is driving you insane.” “I am not insane, most excellent Festus,” Paul replied. “What I am saying is true and reasonable. The king is familiar with these things, and I can speak freely to him. I am convinced that none of this has escaped his notice, because it was not done in a corner. King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do.” Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?” Paul replied, “Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains.”

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    BurgerChamp and Tao Jones like this.
  5. What an amazing encounter! Paul must have been quaking in his boots (well, I would be, anyway), but he still had just the right thing to say in this situation. God is good. And still at work in these same ways today!

6. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Truly! Paul's heart for people was extraordinary, he knew the Love of God.

7. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

James 3:13-18

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

BurgerChamp, Myfortress and Tao Jones like this.
  8. I really needed to hear these truths today. Thank you, my friend, for your faithfulness in holding up Scripture to speak for itself day after day. These are truly the words of Life!

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

By the grace of God truly, I am here, every day. I am joyful :)

10. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalms 19:7-9, 12-14

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous.

But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression.

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

11. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Ecclesiastes 7:3-4, 10

Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure.

Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.

12. Gotta love Ecclesiastes. :)

13. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

Psalms‬ ‭37:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬
    “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.”

14. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Thank you Rise Above! Such a good succinct scripture and captures the core of what being a Christian means, to delight in the Lord's way

15. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 Corinthians 13:1-8

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

BurgerChamp, Tao Jones and Rise Above like this.
  16. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Proverbs 6:6-11

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.

How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man.

BurgerChamp, Rise Above and Tao Jones like this.
  17. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

Philippians‬ ‭3:7-10‬ ‭NIV
    “But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,”​
    ‭‬

BurgerChamp, Tao Jones and Akeakua like this.
  18. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalms 78:1-8

My people, hear my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, things from of old— things we have heard and known, things our ancestors have told us. We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord , his power, and the wonders he has done. He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our ancestors to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands. They would not be like their ancestors— a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him.

BurgerChamp, Rise Above and Tao Jones like this.
  19. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Acts 16:25-33

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose. The jailer woke up, and when he saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he thought the prisoners had escaped. But Paul shouted, “Don’t harm yourself! We are all here!” The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized.

20. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

This reminds me of the importance of caring for God’s little ones. Children are the next generations of believers.

BurgerChamp, Tao Jones and Akeakua like this.