1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A serious self-examination

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ForABetterLife20, May 31, 2017.

1. ForABetterLife20

ForABetterLife20 Fapstronaut

I have become a terribly organized person.

I have a huge Oxford-style oral examination for my History/English/Philosophy class tomorrow morning, and the studying I've done is almost nil. I just can't seem to put aside everything and focus directly on the topic at hand. It's just not working.

I just finished classes last week, so maybe I'm used to being in a routine that I'm not in anymore? I've P'd twice in the last couple days because I have my laptop and the house to myself sometimes now that I'm not in school.

Whatever reason it is, I need to fix this. Because if I go into this summer this disorganized, I will fall, big time. Heck, I'm procrastinating on my studying by doing this.

It's driving me nuts.
    Shit

2. I know exactly what you are experiencing. I have to take the MCAT (medical school entrance exam) in a little over two months and I can't find a way to organize my studying. I have been studying but I have been taking long days off where I do nothing but reading and relapse out of frustration. Good luck with your class tomorrow, I'm sure you can be able to answer some of the questions.

ForABetterLife20 likes this.
  3. Fighter84

Fighter84 Fapstronaut

Brother - I am merely a traveler wandering around my tiny patch of the world, so all to say, heed my advice as you will, for I admittedly am ignorant of so much. I suggest you read a book called "Mindset" by Dr. Dweck.

The true insight to be had here isn't the fact that you procrastinate, but rather to understand why you procrastinate. Only you can really figure that out.

I have gotten so much value out the first 70 or so pages of "Mindset" that I can't help but to suggest it.

Wish you the best on your exams! Stay strong and focused.

Peace

4. This is what Tony Robbins says:

Procrastination:
    What is procrastination? It’s when you know you should do something, but you believe that taking action in this moment would be more painful than just putting it off.
    You associate more pain to doing what is necessary than missing the opportunity.

Soltution:
    Linking pleasure to doing History/English/Philosophy. (or whatever you want in life) What the pleasure for is I don't know. It can be watching a movie with friends, eating a cake, eating healthy... choose wisely!

Maybe a bit too late, but good to learn in the future.

Keep it up brother
    Thomas

5. ForABetterLife20

ForABetterLife20 Fapstronaut

Update: I put aside everything that might distract me and studied hard for 4 hours over yesterday afternoon, last night, and this morning, and absolutely ROCKED my exam this morning. My teacher had nothing but the highest praise.
    It's just discipline I guess.
    Thanks you all for your advice, and I wish you all the absolute best!

Deleted Account and ThomasV like this.
  6. Congrats brother!