1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Shower of Ice and Fire

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by letter, Oct 26, 2017.

1. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Warmest greetings, my fellow Fapstronauts.

I have a little time so I thought I would share a practice, which has potential benefit for rebooting, that I use regularly. It won't take long to read and I'll keep things trigger-free. There's more science behind this that you'll need to investigate on your own, so to keep things short and sweet: hot/cold showers can be a good thing.

How-to: you simply alternate between as hot as you can stand for about 1-2 minutes (or until you are hot) to as cold as you can stand for about 1-2 minutes (or until you are cold) and repeat this cycle a few times. I do a cycle of three.

I know of three benefits to doing this:
    1. Lymphatic system circulation improves. This helps your body clear out junk.
    2. Provokes immune system response. "Hot? Cold? Hot!? Cold?!? Send everything!!"
    3. It is relaxing and refreshing. Sore muscles ease their tension in the heat and the cold brings crisp and tingly wonders.
    The sum of it is that you end up feeling better, and if you feel better then it is easier to find the strength to say NO to PMO.

I'm a solitary man and I expect that I'll be celibate for the rest of my life. Showers like these are important to me. I feel energized, cleansed and have some kind of emotional release between the hot/cold water. I come out feeling wonderful. If this can help me go on, perhaps it can help you too.

All the best in your journey!

Cheers,
    OST

Ank07, M.E.X., 2525 and 2 others like this.
  2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Lately I've been doing this as my routine, as cold showers weren't working for my urges and even had a few relapses in them (for most of my life, I've been too used to lakes/rivers/etc which were also cold), and it has been working so far. I never knew there there additional health benefits though. :)

letter likes this.