1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Thread for Coffee

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Soren K., Feb 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Soren K.

Soren K. Fapstronaut

Hey friends,

Do you love coffee? Do you drink 5 cups a day from the coffee pot at work? Do you enjoy spending time at coffee houses, coffee bars, or enjoy brewing coffee at home? Then this thread is for you!

Here's a few instruments that I use to brew coffee:

-Aeropress
    -Moka Pot
    -French Press (Bodum Chambord)
    -Pourover (Kalita 185)
    -Vacuum Pot (Bodum Pebo)
    -Hand-held burr grinder (Kuissential brand)

What's your favourite roast of coffee? What is your favourite method of brew? Beans? Grinder? Post below!

Millenial likes this.
  2. One Strong Girl

One Strong Girl Fapstronaut

A tea lover here!

*sorry I couldn’t help it :D:D

3. Yeah another tea lover :)! I also drink tea, I love it.

4. Soren K.

Soren K. Fapstronaut

spacecadet likes this.
  5. I had a frappe for the first time yesterday. That shit was great.

Soren K. likes this.
  6. Amoooo el café. Es lo mejor. Un amaretto wow

Soren K. likes this.
  7. Viacheslav

Viacheslav Fapstronaut

Last time i was drinking coffee was on vacation in september, only 2 times. I drink only tea because coffee make my heartrate skyrocketing and also it hits my nervous system. So i drink green, white and herbal tea. But mostly green tea from Japan.

Soren K. likes this.
  8. One Strong Girl

One Strong Girl Fapstronaut

I pretty much love all kinds of tea(except earl grey) however, english breakfast is my favorite .i'd have it as a teabag and boiling water , or powdered and brewed.

as for your last question, I hate the strong smell and the bitter taste of coffee ,but the actual reason for not drinking it is that it causes me palpitations and i start shaking and feel sick :eek:

Soren K. likes this.
  9. ukbritishbloke

ukbritishbloke Fapstronaut

Powdered and brewed tea? Do you mean loose leaf tea?

Soren K. likes this.
  10. I am an coffee lover (espresso and normal black coffee), but I’m too cafeïne sensitive. Drinking coffee caused me a lot of anxiety. That is the reason I stopped drinking it.

I only drink a cup of green tea in the morning or a small cup of black tea when I need a energy boost. It has cafeïne (theïne), but not that much as coffee.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2018
    Soren K. likes this.
  11. ISFPdude

ISFPdude Fapstronaut

I don't know if it even counts as coffee at this point, but I LOVE mocha with butter in it. Sometimes I enjoy black coffee though, when I don't feel like having the richness of chocolate (which is rare).

Oh! Also, I make homemade coffee milkshakes. I was trying to make an iced cap with ice cream instead of just ice, and it turned out really thick and milkshakey. I believe I also put chocolate into it. But yeah. I guess I love making food with coffee more so than I love coffee itself.

12. Journeyer

Journeyer Fapstronaut

I really love and miss Parisian coffee. Maybe it's just the atmosphere, but every time I've been to Paris the coffee is somehow the best.

Soren K. and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Xuarez

Xuarez Fapstronaut

A lot of my friends drink coffee. Some of them stopped becaufe of the heartburn, prostate or leaching out the magnesium from muscles. If you drink more than 3 cups of cofee per day- you may have similar problems.
    I was drinking coffee hardly ever. I'm not an enthusiast of it. I like this aroma but except black strong coffee, I don't like any forms of coffee.
    About 5/6 years ago I started drinking yerba mate. Well... It was like an amphetamine- a lot of power. It was way better than a coffee or green/red tea. I was drinking yerba for few years daily but I stopped it about a month ago because I'm addicted to it. Yerba is a really healthy drink but I was drinking about 2 litres of it per day. I didn't see any agitation (is it a good word?), I mean- no power after drinking it. I tried about 30 yerba mate brands. My favourite are argentinians.
    I like tea too. Especially green (matcha) and red (pu erh), sometimes oolong or white tea. When I'm ill, I drink masala chai or an eastern/northern old medicine- black tea with vodka made of amber. I like moroccan tea too :)
    Btw, the best coffee I've ever drunk was in southern part of Egypt. It was black, no milk and sugar, it was strong as f*ck. Probably the best coffee I ever had.

Soren K. likes this.
  14. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Preparing tea ( the proper way ) gives you a reason to buy and use a teapot... which in my view is one of the coolest objects.

230961452.jpeg

Soren K. and Deleted Account like this.
  15. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

I am cofee lover. I only like traditional expressos that you can drink in almost all european countries.

But i came to the conclusion that cofee increases highly my anxiety. I have been drinking 3 cups per day. Tol mucb caffeine

u376 and Soren K. like this.
  16. Jgon2414

Jgon2414 New Fapstronaut

I actually work at a local coffee shop where i live and I love it all. I love using my French Press and pour over. I really love beans from El Salvador, but I'm also partially biased cause I'm Salvadoran. But I also love tea. Traditional Nepalese chai and Jasmine are my favorite, but I'll try almost anything. I also have a really rad mug collection. I have almost 100 from all over the place.

Soren K. likes this.
  17. dvstorm

dvstorm Fapstronaut

I love drinking coffee, but I have the misfortune of saying that I really don't do much more than use my coffee machine. I wouldn't mind spending time brewing different flavors of coffee in different ways so long it doesn't involve buying expensive appliances for it.

18. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

when i was in my hostel.......then sometimes during evening snacks we used to get tea with coffee beans in it
    some used to like it some dont
    but according to me it was simply best combination

19. Soren K.

Soren K. Fapstronaut

You don't have to get super expensive equipment to brew with different machines! You can buy a little handmill Burr grinder for $25 and a Kalita Wave Pourover for $28 or so and get waaaaay better coffee than a Keurig!

20. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I like both coffee and tea, but I feel like I have to lay off of it for a while.