1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

About as pathetic as it gets

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Jun 27, 2019.

1. I've reached new lows recently, and it's got me questioning my morals.

The material I've been viewing really highlights how low I've stooped and how desperate I seem for a quick fix. Fuck, this could land me in SERIOUS trouble if things get out of hand. I need to get myself out of this asap.

The good thing is that I'm not too deep in this hole, so I can get myself out. It's not too late. I'm going to try and be positive.

2. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

You're on the right track buddy. Recognising something has to be changed is the first step.

The fact that you see this as a problem tells me whatever you're watching is not what you truly value.

We get desensitised, and different types of material are all too easy to come across. But it's not what we really want.

The more time you spend away from any material the better - and if you do lapse - be sure to only go back to the most vanilla and basic of things.

Don't get me wrong, quitting 100% is ideal. But we rarely have a perfect run. And if you do trip up, just try not going back to the worst things you came across.

You will eventually not have any interest in this stuff with enough time.

3. GA93JDeereboy

GA93JDeereboy Fapstronaut

Yea, maybe take some baby steps. Reduce the content your viewing. Make yourself do something good bc you did something bad. Trade off? Idk just me speculating.
    When I have relapsed it was like I was under some spell or something. Then after I was finished It was like the spell would go away and then I was myself again. Where I could realize how gross what I was looking at was. Idk if this is really how it is but it is something that seems to happened to me over and over.

I'm probably at a week or so now. Need to update my counter but finding outside resources on quitting has helped me currently. Look up some nofapsters in YouTube like Ahanna, she is awesome!!!

Picturing where you want to be in life in your mind and where pprn, masturbation etc's effect on it. Is this the person you want to become or your remembered as? That helps remind me.

Transcendent and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to try and slowly move myself away from this habit. I've tried quitting cold turkey many times with no success. It is quite hard to suddenly quit something that I've been hooked on for so long. It's best to ease away from it and develop new, better habits.

Transcendent, Reborn16 and RobbyGo36 like this.
  5. James02

James02 Fapstronaut

Some random ideas would be an internet filter... OpenDNS has a free filter... CovenantEyes is a paid filter... there are tons of others that could put some distance between you and the material your accessing. It's not a bullet proof wall, but a hurdle to give you enough time to think it over.

6. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

For sure that's a great way to go. Even if you just say you'll do it once per week or fortnight, or try to go for a month - but don't get down on yourself if it doesn't work.

Two things that took me a long time to work out:

You can improve habits over time while still relapsing, you're still changing your life for the better!

And not to get angry or down about a relapse, it's just a chance to improve even more.

7. Amazing advice sir

Transcendent and Reborn16 like this.