1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

About high sugar

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Wilde°, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Hey, so I been hearing alot that high sugar increases dopamine. And there's a cereal I really like but I don't know if it bad for nofap because of the sugar [​IMG]its called caps n crunch peanut butter

2. Sugar is poison. Best to cut it out of your diet completely, except for special occasions.

staticboy, distant_call and AlphaGod like this.
  3. staticboy

staticboy Fapstronaut

Wow. That was a very long video. Lots of science (which I like) but so interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Tao Jones likes this.
  4. I mildly accidentally drank a 35cl drink today that had 20 (TWENTY) grams of sugar in it. Never again I felt like I had been poisoned. Wouldn't even be surprised if that's the reason I don't wanna PMO today, had my fair share of dopamine if what you say is true

Tao Jones likes this.
  5. That video above is fascinating. In it, an endocrinologist shows how the body processes sugar the exact same way chemically that it would an actual poison. So, as far as the body is concerned, sugar is indeed poisonous to it!

Buddhabro and staticboy like this.
  6. Sugar indeed is a poison. There are all kinds of sugar, often cleverly disguised on packaging to make it appear less bad, but if you ask me fructose sticks out like some kind of sugar demon. It is capable of binding to tryptophan in the gut, therefore preventing the production of serotonin, while increasing levels of dopamine at the same time, a double whammy for anyone with malabsorption syndrome.

Buddhabro likes this.