About intermittent fasting

Discussion in 'NoFap Nutrition and Supplements' started by kamov, Jun 29, 2020.

1. kamov

kamov Fapstronaut

Hi everyone!

I came across a intermittent fasting article. Many people report several health benefits from fasting and I am willing to try and implement in my lifestyle.

But I have a question, for those who do intermittent fasting. Can I have meal at lunch (1pm) and another at night (8pm) and the rest of the hours of fasting ?

Angus McGyver likes this.
  2. That's exactly how I do my 16:8, one meal at 1pm one meal at 8pm, no meals in between. Lost 5kg since June 20th!

3. kamov

kamov Fapstronaut

Wow!
    I started IF today.
    I did my first meal at probably 1pm and the last was close to 8pm, but in between 1pm-8pm I did several "snacks", fruits, some other things, nothing with much calories but I did my usual food routine.

I don't want to do this just because of the weight loss but to create a positive and healthy lifestyle. Incredible what Nofap does.

4. Congrats on starting your journey, godspeed! I agree, NoFap is truly a catalyser of self-improvement. Well there's no rule that says you can't snack in between your meals, I'm personally not doing it for strict weight loss but I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to, I haven't read anything about not snacking anywhere. Especially if you're not only doing it for the weight loss, I can see why it would be more sustainable.

Plus it's fasting, not skipping meals; you're supposed to have in your 8h window the same amount of calories than you would in a normal eating day. It's the same for OMAD: you're supposed to have all your calories within an hour period, not eat the equivalent of one meal.

Btw your avatar made me chuckle :D

kamov likes this.
  5. kamov

kamov Fapstronaut

Yeah.
    I did some research and many people suggest that we should eat a high amount of calories and proteins during that 8h window, and that makes sense.

Besides that, I see many people report, mostly males, that IF impacts libido, I don't know if they do 16:8 or a more "extreme" plan but what is your experience regarding that subject ?

6. My experience is that I'm a girl and haven't seen any difference in terms of libido since I started IF about two weeks ago haha. Maybe I just don't notice it though. I don't think 16:8 is very extreme so maybe this is way.

kamov likes this.
  7. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I am glad to hear that you have also discovered this great and ancient practice too!
    The rule of an IM-fasting-routine is that you preferably eat all of your day's meal within an 8-hour window or less. So yes, some lunch at 13:00 and dinner at 20:00 while fasting in-between works just fine.
    With this routine, you give your body and digestive-system enough time to burn off some waste-products and toxins (plus, it kills cancer-cells while new cells are regenerated).
    I am myself only eating OMAD during a 3-4 hour window between 18-21 and it has worked wonders on me since I am leaner and healthier than ever and don't even crave any food throughout the day. It feels truly great not obsessing about food anymore, plus it has saved me a lot of money as I can afford to eat that one meal with really high quality instead (organic meats, eggs, dairy and veggies) with lots of nutrients.

Needless to say, I started out with the 14-16 hour fasts in the beginning before I extended it to 20-24 hours. It is the more ketogenic foods (saturated animal fat and protein) that will make you feel full and satiated for long periods of time.