1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

About Tea!!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by D0M4, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. D0M4

D0M4 Fapstronaut

Hey guys.
    What do you think about drinking tea.Is is good or bad?
    How about green tea?
    And what do you drink?

2. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Black teas have been shown to lower cortisol levels, in spite of their caffeine, though I can imagine that there's an upper limit where caffeine may start to exert its effects. I like chai for calming the mind/stomach.

Matcha has a high l-theanine content, which with the moderate caffeine provides a calm focus/better mood.

Chamomile is good and relaxing. It sometimes make me pee too much. It exerts a stronger diuretic effect on some than others.

These are my teas of choice. A little cream and stevia in them and I'm gtg.

D0M4 likes this.
  3. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Oh, and for pure taste reasons, Taiwanese High Mountain oolong teas (shah ling xi and alishan varities particularly), are SOOOOOOOOOO good, but SOOOOOOOOOO expensive. If you like a tea that has a taste of honey, cream, floral, lemongrassy, just all around fresh flavor, I recommend it.

eco-cha is a good provider. Foreigners who ship it from the source. Too expensive for me, most times, though.

Single Palm Change and D0M4 like this.
  4. D0M4

D0M4 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the input. :)
    And should I continue to eat cakes and sweets?Or anything that has sugar in it?

5. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Teas are generally considered healthy. Only minus is the caffeine that can affect sleep and digestion.
    @HooEmAi I am drinking an oolong tea called Teh Guan Yin and it is sublime. Afficionado alert
    @D0M4 You should cut out sugar if you feel that your mood or energy levels are unbalanced, or if you feel addicted. It takes about 10 days for your body and energy levels to get used to no sugar. The first 3 days suck. Try it out maybe for two weeks and see if you feel any difference!

D0M4 likes this.
  6. D0M4

D0M4 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the information. :)

7. Tea is my world. I love and use them all. Mostly yerba mate (that technically isn't a tea), but also green tea, matcha, herb teas and I bet my favorite Pu-erh