1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

About this group's picture.

A group of agnostic and atheist fapstronauts to get come together chat about recovery.

1. Mensura

Mensura New Fapstronaut

Given that this group has a picture of Nietzsche I was wondering if any of you here were interested in a discussion surrounding "The problem of God's death". I know many people think Nietzsche is actually rejoicing when he is uttering that phrase, but it is far from it. God's death has unchained the earth from the sun and the atheists of his time (and those in our time) have yet to feel the repercussions. It used to be the case that people used God and justified science, art, morality with reference to Him. Given that, God gave justification and meaning to all sciences and arts before his death, how are we to justify any of them after he has gone? In other words how do I justify science without referring back to science or how do I justify art without appealing to art itself?

As an atheist I find this problem very compelling and interesting so I am curious what any of you think about it.

Also I am very slightly aware of Nietzsche's attempt to solve this problem, but I do not wish this discussion to be necessarily about his attempt at solving the problem.

Onan the Barbarian likes this.
  2. fernando55

fernando55 Fapstronaut

The approach of the answer is optimistic, we return to that past era where man was the center of everything. Man has to overcome that moral barrier imposed by God and/or society guided by his highest desires and human values... will to power: a superior instinct in the deepest part of us that is the engine that drives our souls and their most shameful desires. I think that Nietzsche was looking for that to follow that human instinct that we have forgotten, after all, in this is the door to happiness... the principle of eternal return would be to make a decision as long as if your life were to repeat itself infinitely, you would come back to make that choice... sadly the Nietzschean or übermensch man in the best of cases is a passionate adolescent and I think he is far from being a demure or self-controlled personality, following your instinct makes you someone less thoughtful and judicious... Someone like Nietzsche is probably someone promiscuous who wouldn't have minded being with prostitutes much. and that happens when you have no limits in your life (the bible and society are that limit)