1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Abstinence should not be considered "Perfection"

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by DouvlePlus, Oct 15, 2019.

1. DouvlePlus

DouvlePlus Fapstronaut

There is no perfection in abstention.

Someone may feel pitiful that he has insisted for more than one year and relapsed, then he felt it’s not perfect.

I told him, if you keep working, keep another one year, it’s still a good job, you will basically quit it.

This means there is no perfection in the world. Imperfection is inevitable. Perfection is merely relative.

Just like when you start to develop a piece of software, none of them is all-round, they develop along with the time to adapt new environment. Even the sun will die ultimately, and human beings must come up with new method of replacing the resource before that.

So, the word perfection is limited by time and space, there is no fixed limit.

For the ones we just talked about, if you can insist in one year, then you can be said perfect. And the rest of your time is another travel.

Of course, if you can continuously stop masturbation for 5 years or even 10 years from 20 years old to 30 years old, or for the entire life. That is, in a way of controlling desire, you are relatively perfect, at least you don’t have the pity of wasting your life.

In addition, don’t consider perfection once you start abstaining, don’t give up because of the scare.

For the excellent student, losing one score means imperfection but for an inferior student, not failing the exam is perfect. The leap from the inferior to the excel is progress. Someone may make massive effort to insist for one week, someone can insist for one month or year, this is the direction you are progressing for.

The commencement is not perfect, but perfection has no limits.

One of the mental reasons for procrastination is self-abasement and self-denying. Once you start to doubt yourself, failure is starting to devour your courage and confidence.

And there is a difference between that and laziness. Lazy people don’t do anything even if it’s a simple and easy thing. However, the worry of imperfection is fear of messing it up, overcoming difficulty or self-doubt but still want to do it.

I told you before, for the things without the huge risk or even damage, something beneficial, you should start doing it before talking. Sometimes, hesitation is more serious than the wrong decision.

Because you can still correct yourself gradually even if you make a mistake at first. But without commencement, you will never be correct.

All you need to do is to do your best to crack difficulties during a fixed period.

Someone will say, “If I originally did…… I would get a better result.”

But the reality is, there is no hypothesis in life, you don’t have repetitive timeliness. The imperfection you considered, was painted with a period. You can only carry it as a contrast or motor to sculpture your own future.

For most of us, abstinence is always slow, you can’t see it in a short period. But in the long run, some people’s times of masturbation are reduced a lot since last year.

You can insist one month, then you get one month’s perfection, it doesn’t mean useless. The key is whether you expect difficulties and crack it. Going higher, if you can’t suppress your inferiority, you will be encumbered by your inferiority, and hardly get the achievement.

To sum up, perfection is dynamic rather than static, it’s a progress of pursuing perfection. A saying goes, “Use finite life to challenge infinite impossibility.”

2. TheForsakeen

TheForsakeen Fapstronaut

you like giving speeches i take it.