1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Accecpting yourself : self image

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Souhail, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Souhail

Souhail Fapstronaut

Hey guys i have this problem of doubting myself and feeling that i'm less than people
    Especially when it comes to heigh when i'm walking i hate seeing someone taller than me and i feel insecure and inconfident , how to solve this ?

2. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

I have had this problem myself.
    IMO, There are two things that can really benefit you.

1) Treat it like a bad habit, and try to change it. Take a little time everyday or every other day where you investigate yourself. Find out what yur triggers are, find out when and how you do it. Really get knowledge about your own situation and analyze it. Keep a journal dedicated to this. As you get more knowledge about it, you will know how to change to habit into to something positive for you.

2) Meditate. Meditation can help you release any stuck emotions. I highly recommend this.

3. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

I have myself related this problem to this pathway in my brain: Trigger --> Fear (unconscious) --> Anger (semi-conscious) --> Sorrow (doubt or feeling inadequate) or Hate (anger towards others, myself)
    After realising this, I have realized multiple patterns of reacting to feelings of fear. I am unconsciously avoiding the expression of fear and my subconscious will go to great lengths to ensure that I don't feel it.

I have a theory that once I learn to accept and express my fears (And all my emotions) properly, then most of my emotional problems will resolve.