ACCOUNTABILITY GROUP FOR PEOPLE ABOVE 30 Y.O

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by control your life, Nov 11, 2019.

1. flame0

flame0 Fapstronaut

Day 27
    Had some insomnia last night, which is usually a time of temptation. Had Dr. Pepper too late in the day. Thoughts crossed my mind, but no serious temptation.
    I leave very early tomorrow morning for a travel season, and I wasn't planning to keep up daily posts past 30 days, so this may be my last post for a while. I will make sure my counter is accurate though, and may pop back in.

12ove likes this.
  2. Day 1, starting yesterday at 12, I had an 8 day streak.

bakerbhf and 12ove like this.
  3. Let's be partners, we started at the same time.

Helpmechange76 likes this.
  4. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

good on you! she is going to love it! keep it up! Those type of gestures never will be forgotten.

5. Today I'm starting no caffeine, no nicotine, nofap.

bakerbhf and Helpmechange76 like this.
  6. krazzer

krazzer Fapstronaut

I actually read that book early in my current streak. It helped me make a firm decision to quit once and for all. Of course I can't say for sure that this book helped cause my current success or not.

7. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

alrighty then..lets do this!

new Start this weekend. Feeling great about going after another three digit run again..who is with me!

bakerbhf, Kurz and Helpmechange76 like this.
  8. Hey all, sorry it took me awhile to get back I just moved everything I own across an ocean.
    A mod got back to me however and they will not be allowing me to update the original post here since it is not my own. It was worth a try though!

Kurz and 12ove like this.
  9. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

This is a massive win..you should get points for just avoiding after a heavy trigger period. Pat yourself on the back!

You did well to pass the urge once...so don't be hard on yourself...better luck next time

10. Kurz

Kurz Fapstronaut

I have the same problem. I'm at home office right now and we have a android tablet which we use to operate the TV (Netflix, YouTube,...).
    I'm hesitating on locking my phone because there's always the unlocked tablet anyway. It would seem very weird locking the tablet because my girlfriend uses it too. And then there's always the work cell phone...
    Also I don't know how to do it. The material to which I relapse is not even P. At this point even a snippet of a shoe commercial would trigger me...

After my last relapse I made two days and then relapsed, edged and binged. I gave up too. But found motivation in learning something new. I singed myself up for krav maga. It will take away some screentime too. Although I'm a bit sick now and can't go to trainings.

Now I'm back on track on day 3.

11. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Another hard mode day...no urges...pretty tired though

12. Real Jerry Seinfeld

Real Jerry Seinfeld Fapstronaut

Nice going on the streak there mate, inspiring to see people making it.

12ove, krazzer and Diderik like this.
  13. bakerbhf

bakerbhf Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

Sorry it has been a while. No relapse but had urges. Ended up turning off blocking software to get around things which isn't great, and has gradually become more frequent. This is definitely down to being tired and stressed because of my job (although it is further proof that I need to find a new career path once my current contract ends). And I know if I were with my girlfriend all the time I wouldn't have these urges. Fortunately I get to see her this weekend. But I would like to find a way around battling with this in the time between seeing her.

Take care all.

Real Jerry Seinfeld likes this.
  14. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I feel a lapse coming on today. :(

12ove likes this.
  15. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Stay strong..I am also having urges right now..going to try and really focus on the basketball game instead.

16. Report in- I relapsed today. There were several factors over the last couple weeks that were more extreme than usual(big move/lack of intimacy with s.o.) but I don’t want to make excuses. The truth is I gradually looked at images the last couple days until I finally just gave in. I was at 30 days..
    I feel like I need an accountability partner but every time I get one the person ends up disappearing after a week. I’m really only in danger of relapsing at day 14, day 30 and then typically every 30 days after that. Although I haven’t managed to make it past 60 since early this year.
    Anyway just needed to vent a little I’m pretty low right now. Hope you all are doing well.

17. Checking in. Feels good to get a couple days back under the belt. I hope you all are doing well and staying strong, we can overcome pmo forever with persistence!

12ove likes this.
  18. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

glad you are here to hold yourself accountable..that is really what it is about in the end...we can only do that...but we are all here for you and trying to cheer you on...I will try and stay up on this forum..I think having multiple ap's on this thread is much more beneficial than one person who may or may not be there for you when you need them...I haven't been on here as often lately but now that I know that one of us is reaching out I will try to be on as much as possible for you. Are you doing hard mode?

Another hard mode streak going well...just working on being present.

NamaClature14 likes this.
  19. Goodkarma77

Goodkarma77 Fapstronaut

Would like to join

No pm

12ove likes this.
  20. Real Jerry Seinfeld

Real Jerry Seinfeld Fapstronaut

For me, the trick is to push it a bit farther every time. 30, 60, 90. I just try to be extra vigilant around the times I messed up last time.

Welcome, mate.

12ove, NamaClature14 and Goodkarma77 like this.