1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Accountability

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Quit 2020

Quit 2020 New Fapstronaut

Hi, I just joined this website a few minutes ago. I've been battling P and M for about 8 years, although I have had periods of freedom that lasted sometimes up to a year. For the last several years however, I have not been so fortunate. I feel that the biggest thing holding me back from experiencing true freedom is lack of a community or even just one accountability partner. I have never spoken to anyone about my sin except for priests in confession because I do not feel as though there is anyone in my life that I can truly trust or who I would would feel comfortable telling this to. I have been feeling very guilty lately becuase my confessor keeps telling me that finding accountability is one of the best steps one can take, so I feel that I am failing to live up to the promise of doing everything I can to defeat this sin.

I was glad to find this website, and I hope that someone can point me towards resources for accountability. Any uplifting stories of people who might have been in a similar boat and are doing better now would also be appreciated.

Cathcart22, Theto and Marigny like this.
  2. Marigny

Marigny Fapstronaut

Hi Quit 2020, as I already answered in your post on this group, your confessor is right, having an accountability partner is a very good way to fight PM. Searching accountability partners is a good step to freedom. And yes in this site, we are (mostly) all in the same boat, living the same struggle.
    Lot of people have a great experience of this struggle and can share tips.
    You can contact me by personal message if you want

Cathcart22 and Theto like this.
  3. apropos

apropos New Fapstronaut

AFAIK, accountability means getting someone you can count or report on about your abstinence progress

Marigny likes this.
  4. Theto

Theto Fapstronaut

Hi. I came here also with intention to find accountability partner. However I didn't ask anybody directly, but a few colleagues keep supporting my daily journal by giving likes and answering posts. It was really helpful in some crisis moments and I'm really grateful for them. Now they are not so active on forum, but I'm still writing journal and I also reporting my progress to my girlfriend.

5. BrandonT1

BrandonT1 New Fapstronaut

I too came here with the purpose of finding someone to have as an accountability partner. I have been using Covenant Eyes with some degree of success, but I know that if I had someone that knew what I was doing it would deter me from the times where I find myself gradually pushing the boundaries to the point where it becomes unrecoverable and snowballs out of control.

Theto likes this.