Ad bots

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by bobross, Feb 23, 2019.

1. bobross

bobross Fapstronaut

Hello everyone, mods and members.
    I wish I could have signed for the moderator assistant thing, but my schedule doesn't allow for a stable period of time to fulfil the responsibilities.
    I had an idea however, seeing the constant posts by bots with supplements and other weird things.
    I am not sure if something like this is already in effect, but maybe a thread could be automatically hidden if its first post gets 3-5 reports containg keywords like [ad, advertisement, inappropriate, tos], that sort of thing. A hidden post waits (assistant) mod decision, to be reactivated or deleted/further action. An account with a hidden post would be unable to post for 60min, or something like that.
    Maybe this could help mitigate bots and trolls messing around

kropo82 and prettyboichad like this.
  2. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

That would be great. Too bad it requires hours of coding, or money to contract a developer, which we do not have the ability to do right now.

3. bobross

bobross Fapstronaut

I'm not a web developer but I am a software engineer, I'd be more than happy to offer what experience I have as contribution to NoFap.

justafriend likes this.