1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

After 4 years of failing, its time to shake off this poisonous addiction!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by nufc9107, Feb 28, 2019.

1. nufc9107

nufc9107 New Fapstronaut

after hundreds of failed attempts over the last 3/4 years using nothing but willpower and and countless website blockers, i have decided to sign up to this site to gain almighty wisdom and support on this journey, as well as support anybody else also struggling!

im 27 and have been fapping since i was 11.

my longest streak was around 35 days a couple years ago, i seem to be okay if i can get over the initial first few days but always end up relapsing within 2/3 weeks.

i have seen the benefits that come from abstaining such as better skin, better mood, more energy, even the 'elusive' attraction from the opposite sex which is 100% a thing.

my relationship broke down last year and now due to changes in circustances im residing in a house with many opportunties to fap. multiple laptops with no content filters have resulted in me relapsing constantly.

my reasons for wanting to change is i now have a new girlfriend i do not want to mess things up with which lets be honest, is inevitable when fapping as an addict.

I have experienced the dreaded ED in the past as well.. as well as severe anxiety and depression, something i believe is deep rooted in why i compulsively fap.

anyways as someone who has practiced this phenomenon for a fair few years now, i believe i have the experience to give support just as much as i need it!

i will be leaving daily journals hopefully as a motivator to myself and maybe even others.

thanks for reading! :D

taylor_9 likes this.
  2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome, I'm glad you're here. I hope you will keep coming back.