1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Alcohol feels not so good.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anders Dahl, Jul 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Anders Dahl

Anders Dahl Fapstronaut

I had not been drinking for 3 months and was okay with it. Startet Nofap on that time
    and it made me so much more happy!

Now I drank last Saturday and my mood is still down and I even got a blackout which sucks because I'm only 99% sure I didn't relapse and it's s*it!

I think I just write this so let other people now about the bit downer you get.

I think my flatline is gone because my willy looks huge as it did when I was 14. But can't get the full benefit because the alcohol made me "come back" some how like the old me.

ALX likes this.
  2. Yeah I am 30 and I have never drank a sip of alcohol. I have a bad family history with it so it's always turned me off. Please try and stay away from it if you can, it will only benefit you! You can do it!

Anders Dahl likes this.
  3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Fapstronaut

I enjoy alcohol, but have had my fair share of bad moments, like anything, it's a substance that is probably best enjoyed in moderation. I think what really matters is what mood your in to begin with when you start an evening of drinking. If you're feeling down, you're gonna feel worse because of it being a depressant. On the other hand, if you're in a good place in your life, enjoying a drink with friends can be a good time.

ALX likes this.
  4. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

^ this

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  5. Anders Dahl

Anders Dahl Fapstronaut

Okay so after 6 days (!) I'm more then okay again:) had a dream last night that I had a girlfriend and realize that I couldn't had have a relapse saturday yay! Half way to 90 days lets do it.

6. In my opinion if you're drinking enough to black out then you really shouldn't be drinking. I'm all for responsible use, but drinking enough to black out means you're drinking a pretty serious amount.

If you touch alcohol again, learn to pace yourself.
    1. Firstly, don't drink the strongest stuff you can get your hands on. You're going to end the night tipsy/drunk anyway, all the stronger stuff does is get you there faster.. which is actually a bad thing, because assuming you plan to keep drinking throughout the night, you don't want to keep drinking while already drunk, as that's how blackouts/terrible hangovers/etc happen. Think of it like this, if you're drinking from 8pm to 2am, and you're already drunk by 9pm, that's a LOT of excess alcohol you're going to be consuming that you never needed since you were already drunk. vs if you're tipsy after a couple hours, drunk around midnight, then you probably won't overdo it so much.
    2. Drink slower. If you're a nervous person you might find yourself constantly sipping your drink just to occupy your hands. Find something else to do. Use your phone. Talk to people. Don't focus on your drinks so much. Drink them slowly. Alcohol actually takes some time after you've consumed it to take full effect, so drinking faster is just going to mean it suddenly hits you like a truck in an hour's time and you're way more drunk than you intended to be.
    3. Remember the fact that alcohol takes time to take effect. If you're like me, then when you sip your drink, you'll kind of feel like it's taking more effect with each sip. That's an illusion though, alcohol actually takes a fair amount of time to take effect in the body. So, say you'd prefer to be a little more tipsy/drunk, that DOESN'T mean that you necessarily need to drink more. You may just need to wait another 30-60 minutes for your last drink to kick in fully. I've lost count of the amount of times where I felt "almost good enough", drank another beer, and then was way too drunk because both the last drink and the current one hit me simultaneously half an hour later.
    4. Don't be afraid to stop drinking. While it's kinda nice to have a drink in your hand the whole night, and that can work great if you're good at pacing yourself - sometimes even when you've tried hard to pace yourself it doesn't work. You're drunk already early into the night. At this point it can be tempting to continue drinking anyway, but don't. You're already drunk, so what's the point in drinking more? It's just a waste of alcohol, and a sure fire way to get blackouts, and a nasty hangover tomorrow.
    Follow those rules if you drink, but in my opinion, why bother at all? It sounds like you were doing fine without the alcohol, so why not keep it that way? :)

AM141 and Anders Dahl like this.
  7. Anders Dahl

Anders Dahl Fapstronaut

[QUOTE="JesusGreen,

Thanks for the tips man :) I know that I can't control liqueur but I drank it anyway :rolleyes: