1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Aldrin Space Report 1: Restarting after a Long Streak

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Buzz Aldrin, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Buzz Aldrin

Buzz Aldrin Fapstronaut

Quick Intro: So I decided that I'm going to be making a series discussing topics within the community. The length for each section will always depend & I have no real "schedule". I just figured that I'm a little more open with topics so I might as well enjoy it a little.

What I consider a "Long Streak": So with my introduction of Nofap back in January I started having longer & longer streaks. with them being as short as 1/2 a day and as long as 60. With the general number being for a "Successful Streak" being 90 days I decided that a long streak is 35+ days. By this point you've had &/or were going through a flatline phase & started "healing" a little.

Setback or Relapse: With the end of the streak it ends by either a "relapse" which can be caused by watching P, Ming (in any form) multiple times during the span of a day(s), and Oing multiple times. Or a "setback" which is considered differently depending on the person (MOing without P, watching P, edging is what I would consider it as).

What to expect Week 1 after Relapse: After ending a 60 streak I felt like I was once again at day 1. I couldn't stop thinking about P & Ming, I peeked multiple times a day, I even edged. But throughout this week I've started to notice that my urge has decreased almost to a point where it felt like I was on day 66 of my previous streak.

Did I lose my "benefits"?: Nope, there still in you! Just buried underneath the return of PMOing. You just need to beat it out & work on the long run! You may feel like shit now but if you control yourself (even if it takes isolation from the internet &/or electronics) the benefits will return & may even come back stronger.

I'm not going to get a streak like this again: Don't thing that mind set my guy/gal! Just think of it this way, you just set a bar & now you gotta pass it!

Conclusion: Ending a long streak stucks but it's not a bad thing! It's part of the healing process. If your worried that your going back to square one, don't. Worrying about it just makes the hole deeper & it's better just to move on with your life. It's easier said then done but you have the willpower todo it! I as well as everyone else have faith in you!

Seeking Help and Jag45 like this.
  2. It's awesome reading your insights, you have an incredible outlook! Respect to you!

Buzz Aldrin likes this.