1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

All about fitness

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by lamstronger, Aug 20, 2018.

1. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Did a push workout today after yesterdays rest. Feelsgoodman. High test is good test. Forgot to add Buffdudes to the channels i follow. They provide good quality content as well. If anyone is following vshred, dont.

Hitto and Clean Plate like this.
  2. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

Just seen a couple of athleanx's recent videos. I will now start to eat pickled ginger and drink 20z of water every morning because JEFF SAID SO. LOL.

Deleted Account and Hitto like this.
  3. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

What Jeff says we all must do:D

Clean Plate likes this.
  4. Bman101

Bman101 Fapstronaut

Hello guys! Does any of you know any powerlifting programs for beginners? I have been going to the gym 5-6 days/week this year but have been focusing only on bodybuilding exercises and would love to try powerlifting...so can you help me out? :D

5. dodalala

dodalala Fapstronaut

Some of his advice is dangerous though; the guy advocated to not stretching before a workout session which is the only time i ever injured myself not doing so.

I run a conjugate based template focusing on a day for bench,squat,deadlift and a mix session. My session will involve a variation of the main lift such as box squat or close grip bench which is changed every week on a three week rotation and on the fourth a test lift in the main lift is performed. I follow up the variation main lift with accessory work such as the floor press,chain squats or 2",3" deficit and block pull deadlifts. I currently weigh 90kg and pull 280kg,squat 235kg and bench 160kg both wide grip and close grip as personal bests. I'm 24.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. dodalala

dodalala Fapstronaut

Do starting strength for a year then move to a push pull legs focusing on a powerbuilding style (build up the a 1rm on your main lift then do rep work) for another 2 years then run a conjugate system for the rest of your lifting time. That's the three levels covered there; beginner,medium and advanced.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Bman101 likes this.
  7. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

I think there were some statistics published that showed injury rate wasn't significantly different between people who did warm ups and those who didn't do, maybe that's why he said so. @dodalala
    @Bman101 You could try searching for the internet, can't help you more :/ though it is advisable for beginners to stick with the basic stuff for a while, like the 5x5 stronglifts workout

Bman101 likes this.
  8. dodalala

dodalala Fapstronaut

have you been training for just a year with the 20lbs gain or has that been this year you gained it over a lifting career?

9. I started lifting last July, so those are year 1 results

10. dodalala

dodalala Fapstronaut

ok then forget about a cut dude, i made the stupid mistake of doing one when really it's pointless as a natural lifter. To make my point clear what you should do is just focus on eating and getting stronger, if you're getting stronger then you're eating enough, if you're not then up the food and change the program somewhat. Cutting and bulking are honestly pointless if you're a natural guy. Make sure you are writing down every exercise,set and rep you do in the session so you know what you need to do next time. If i did 3 sets of 5 on floor press at 100kg i know i need to go in next week and do one extra rep on a set or more.

To further illustrate my point i've been lifting on and off for 6 years (had a year off due to location issues) i've never done a cut and only bulked in the beginning when i didn't know anything and now i look leaner and bigger then i did when i started, i have visible abs if i flex for example.If you focus on powerlifting training and getting stronger as long as you eat relatively the same food each day and focus on progressive overload in the gym with enough sleep you'll make gains and look better and leaner without any of the counting calories,macros or cut bulk industry marketing buzz word bs that get thrown around crap.

11. I'm happy with my size, I just wanna lose body fat and enjoy my new physique, that's why I'm cutting. I'm not trying to get huge

12. Trevelyan357

Trevelyan357 Fapstronaut

I don't follow any schedules, track what I am eating, or follow anyone in the fitness community (too lazy for all that lol).

All I do is cardio at the moment I bike 30 minutes to and from work 5 days a week. During one of my work nights, I sprint up a few stairwells if things are slow. On my days off, I usually bike to the park near me and jog up the mountain a couple of times.

With my diet, I haven't done anything radical. But I eat cleaner food, drink more water, no alcohol, and eat smaller portions.

I was almost 200# when I left the military 3 years ago. I worked out then too but my diet was lousy to say the least which pretty much negated all the exercise benefits lol Now I am around 165#.

One question though: is it true that the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  13. dodalala

dodalala Fapstronaut

yes that's true due to your testosterone dropping and your estrogen increasing; testosterone is responsible for helping keep fat off.

Trevelyan357 likes this.
  14. Anti-ordinary

Anti-ordinary Fapstronaut

@Trevelyan357 It is true because as you get older your metabolism slows down. When you are younger you have a fast metabolism which allows to process a lot of food without storing much as fat in the body. Obviously there is a limit to this. As you get older your metabolism starts to slow down. This means that if you were to eat the same , now you would store more of those calories as fat in the body.

Trevelyan357 likes this.
  15. 1. Right now I'm just doing Stronglifts 3 days/ week and running 3 days with 1 rest day. I'm ready to change up my routine to a push/ pull routine. Any suggestions?

2. I started Keto yesterday coupled with IF. I'm looking to see if I can lose a little weight that I gained over the passed few months.

3. No one in particular. Should I follow anyone?

16. dodalala

dodalala Fapstronaut

ok don't run a keto diet if you do any kind of heavy physically demanding work as glycogen from carbs is a better source of fuel than fat as it metabolites quicker and is available faster (something along those lines) as for a ppl routine refer to my previous comment above. when i ran a ppl it was legs push pull push pull weekend off, worked great.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  17. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Follow atleast Athleanx. Best there is.

What supplements do you guys use?
    Forgot to add this question to the 1st post.

18. PaulGuy

PaulGuy Fapstronaut

T25, gotta love Shaun T. He's inspiring and makes me jump around the room. Every now and then I switch it up with three or four day splits in the gym with a whole body routine, but usually I'm in my basement with Shaun T as he screams encouragement.

As for diet, it's low-carb and seems to mostly be about eggs. Didn't intend for that, but I have eggs for two of my meals and meat for the other. It's worked and I've lost 40+ pounds doing it, so go eggs!

As for your third question, I think I emphatically answered that one, lol.

19. Anti-ordinary

Anti-ordinary Fapstronaut

@Mantasx1 I take whey protein after a workout if I feel like I didn't get enough protein on that day. I also took creatine before, but then stopped as it doesn't affect around 10%-20% the population. After trying it I thought I was in that range and therefore stopped taking it. I will start taking it again for a longer period this time. I would also like to look into a sleeping product. I found "KinoSleep" a natural product without melatonin, which I am thinking to try.

20. Bretto

Bretto Fapstronaut

Hey guys check out a website called darebee.com there’s heaps of quick daily body weight workouts and other monthly challenges. A mate of mine just told me about. I don’t work for them or advertise or have anything to do with them in that way. Everything is free as far as I know.