1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

all this shooting, killing, and hatred all around us... #BlackLivesMatter

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lazarus Shuttlesworth, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

It certainly did in that case, Himmeltose, although it could lead to a huge conflict, and the black power militants didn't look any better or less crazy than their anti-Muslim redneck counterparts.

@ Truehuman.

I was talking about WW2. What the civilians did when an army rolled in. They lied down!

How are you doing to organize your 100 million soldiers? Not to mention most of them hate each other and will not all be on the same page. Would the enemy even have to fight? Turn off the internet and about 60% would surrender you get the over 35% when you shut down the cable and satellite television. For the other 5%, you shut down the power and food supply which would be very easy to control. The civilians are not winning a war against an invading army that is survivalist fantasy. The best you could hope for are some guerilla "terrorist" rebels.

2. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Not in the warsaw ghetto.

TrueHuman likes this.
  3. TrueHuman

TrueHuman Fapstronaut

he doesnt get it, theres no point in responding with him anymore.

4. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

Well if you have some hidden meaning or agenda that seems hardly trustworthy.

5. BrianHM

BrianHM Guest

Just chipping in my own mind. I am black, and I think all lives matter. Even the peoples in Bangladesh, Africa, China, wherever the heck peoples lives, all lives matter.

6. [​IMG]

7. Black Lives Matter doesn't suggest that One Life Matter more than another. It purports that the Lives of Black Individuals (and to a large degree black males) have NOT matter to the systems supported and represented by Local, State National Government and Businesses. That the Lives of Black Individuals some how have acquired a lower value and therefore seem more disposable then the lives of other individuals.
    And therefore, to be clear and with purpose they (and we) speak that Black Lives Matter. Because you (plural) refuse to acknowledge the invisible target that have been placed on the chests, backs, and heads of Black Individuals - refuse to accept that systems have been in place for generation to limit and eliminate the growth of the black individual, (and families) and refuse to recognize that if All Lives Matter then you shouldn't be offended when Its shouted that Black Lives Matter

Owari likes this.
  8. And who said anything about one life mattering more than another? See that's what's wrong with people, you all keep hearing "black lives matter MORE" when all we're trying to convey is that black lives matter TOO.

Owari and KingRecover17 like this.
  9. IGY

IGY Guest

This is a fantastic point man. In retrospect, it would have been good if it had been called Black Lives Matter Too.

For my part, I have never assumed the current phrase meant that black lives matter more.

Perhaps that is because I have always viewed people as equally deserving of rights, respect.

10. BrianHM

BrianHM Guest

What I am trying to say is that the root problem of all of this is : racism, discrimination. And this all started when you start defining peoples based on their color, where their from, how they speak etc. While that shouldn't be the case.

I live in a country where our own peoples are discriminating against them self, and treating others whom come outside the island as some sort of god. Our own police is discriminating against our own kind, while they're treat tourist/peoples outside the country as some sort of god.

The root cause of all of this is racism. We're not treating our own kind equally, we're just discriminating against our self. I am sure my view wouldn't matter that much if I were there, in America living in the present of where the case happened (shooting of another human being), but one thing I do know is, while we're writing this message, others whom are not black nor white, but human beings, human creatures, are been killed elsewhere in the world.

I am only one man, who is speaking his mind on the internet, so my words will just be words. But one thing I hope for (which of course won't happen on a global scale) for everyone to be treated equally. No matter what color, language, hair style etc. should be treated equally.

And I hope the problem of racism happening in US gets solve. But seeing Trump is up for the food chain, I think that matter might get worse, but I do hope this gets solve on a global scale.

Owari and ShotDunyun like this.
  11. TacoKing

TacoKing Fapstronaut

Fun fact:
    "roughly 49 percent of those killed by officers from May 2013 to April 2015 were white, while 30 percent were black. He also found that 19 percent were Hispanic and 2 percent were Asian and other races."
    http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/

12. KingRecover17

KingRecover17 Fapstronaut

Thats becuase white males are mostly the ones who are killing cops and most of these white males who are killing cops are armed and also there's a lot more white people in this country than black people and the fact that Black people as a whole only make up 13% of the population yet 30% of those who are murdered by police is a problem.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  13. KingRecover17

That's real talk.

14. Some wisdom from Lucky Dube, who lived through apartheid South Africa (in fact his earlier albums were banned by the government):

BrianHM likes this.
  15. BrianHM

BrianHM Guest

Powerful lyrics + video.

HippyMinstrel likes this.
  16. GSarosi

GSarosi Guest

Hmmm....

Philandro Castile was a Crips Gang Member. http://gotnews.com/breaking-philandocastile-falconheightsshooting-crips-gangmember/

Altron Sterling..... http://i.imgur.com/BHJQ9Dx.jpg was a convicted sex offender. Yeah real father of the year material.

I say their deaths are nothing tragic at all. What is tragic is innocent people and the people protecting them are being caught in the crossfire.

This BlackLivesMatter movement is an absolute joke.

himmelstoss likes this.
  17. That has to be the most ignorant article I've ever read. I stopped reading it after "Was she happy that this loser who wastes her time finally died in a spectacular way and she was there to catch it on video, removing him from her life and also bringing her a lot of attention and potentially money if she plays herself up as the victim?" Who ever wrote that is clearly racist. I'm confused as to why you would take that website serious. Philando Castile worked in an Elementary School Cafeteria, parents and the school said he was a kind man. I don't understand how you can try to justify him being murdered like that. He didn't resist. He didn't make any sudden movements. He didn't withhold information. He obeyed orders and disclosed he had a licensed firearm in an open carry state. He literally did nothing wrong and now he's dead, stop defending police murder!

And Alton Sterling's past has nothing to do with one officer holding him down while another shot him 5 times at point blank range. The officers didn't know his record beforehand too.

18. TacoKing

TacoKing Fapstronaut

Wrong.

"5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to Mac Donald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person."

"MacDonald also pointed out in her Hillsdale speech that blacks "commit 75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime" in New York City, even though they consist of 23 percent of the city's population."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

I suggest you all give this article a read.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  19. KingRecover17

Okay so after reading the article I'm not sure if it's accurate, but I'm going to check other sources. But why do you think blacks more likely to kill cops than whites? What's the reason behind it?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  20. GSarosi

GSarosi Guest

Were you there to see how this all went down? I am sure there was more we didn't see. Honestly those cops did a commendable job and civic duty. The human gene pool is much better for it. Roe vs. Wade needs a wider reach.

In that video where that dude was shot while bleeding to death that so-called "girlfriend" who videotaped his death was very monotoned and didn't give a shit. Like she wanted this happen for some purpose. And dude probably want to get shot too if you ask me.