1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Almost cracked

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Marcus_Demarco, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Marcus_Demarco

Marcus_Demarco Fapstronaut

I almost cracked the other day. No friends. My relationship with my family is doing a lot better. There are 2 friends I keep in touch with from high school and they live close by but their always busy and I used to feel bad for always asking them to hangout but now I'm like fuck it I dont feel like asking anymore. These past months I dont mind being alone i enjoy it. Like it doesn't bother me in the slightest but every now and then I'll feel super lonely and ashamed of being alone. A few days ago I saw a friend I haven't seen in over a year and that's a long time for someone like me who doesn't see anyone anymore. So i dont know how to explain it but When I spent time with them it felt like time was "moving" like it was real time I was experiencing. It seemed like for most of the past year I was in "empty" time where things happened (work,school) and I learned a lot of things about myself but I never spent it with anyone. I knew the moment my friend and I parted ways I would go back to experiencing "empty" time and that the feeling of "real/moving" time we just shared would be forgotten like it never happened. I almost cracked because I PMOed a few days ago and felt like I couldn't see a postive future for me anymore and that I'm plagued by "empty" time where nothing matters because everything is or will eventually be forgotten.

D . J . and Frühlingstimme like this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

PMO will make the most social person feel lonely so if you aren't very social, you will feel even more isolated. As humans, we're not made to be isolated. You felt better when you were around your friend because it was an actual human person.

You mentioned that you had no friends but you had two friends with whom you would do things with. Do you feel like they are you only two friend options ever? If so, know that is false!
    Don't allow PMO to isolate you. Even if you go to Starbucks and read or surf the internet, allow yourself to at least see and be seen by other people. That opens the door to potentially meeting new friends and it also allows you to feel a part of the world around you.