1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Alone at the party

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by A Bottle of Slivovitz, Jun 13, 2021.

1. A Bottle of Slivovitz

A Bottle of Slivovitz Fapstronaut

Have you ever been to a party where you didn't know anyone? How did it go?

Aléxandros likes this.
  2. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

I am a born extroverted, when I go to in a room alone and I don't know anyone,
    I go there and start to know all the people in that room, for real.

It's just my personality, I was born with that, sometimes people think I am crazy, like on drugs.
    The first time I went to uni I met forty people in a single day.

I still respect every single introvert out there.
    I am somehow in the middle of the two, maybe more on the extroverted part.

But sometimes the batteries just discharge and I need to go home to stay alone, that's it.

boichywow and Mr.Tony like this.
  3. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

I've been to night clubs/bars alone several times, just to practice being social, since it's much more challenging when you're all by yourself while more or less everybody else are in groups. Some nights it went great, some nights it went horrible haha. Never been alone at a private party, since you usually know someone, otherwise you wouldn't be there in the first place.

boichywow and Aléxandros like this.
  4. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

I consider myself pretty social but if I can’t get the ball rolling in 10 mins I just leave.

boichywow and Revanthegrey like this.
  5. It never happend to be at a party, but when i was with "friends", normally i was able to socialize for 5 min, then or i start to ger boring by people that are incompatible with my spirit (i don't drink or smoke, what they do is drink or smoke and they talk about trash things or gossip about other people), or people ignore me because of these reason, so i a utomatically get expelled by the group, despite no one formally said i'm not one of them, the onl y thing i can do in that moment us to stay in an angle alone consciouss rhat no one will talk with me, and i regret to meet them, and say "Is just me?" and i go to read a book.
    The fact is that mostly of people like me that i should meet and enjoy pass mostly of their time at home because they are shy, ecc..in this society is full of them and i'm not able to meet them! My friends are unknown.

boichywow likes this.
  6. Yeah i have it kind of sucks alot of people are in little groups its hard to get to know them. Seems like the last time i went to one like that i stayed about 20 minutes and left.

boichywow likes this.
  7. I'm like you born Extrovert, my only problem is that sometimes the behavor og my narsisitic ego show up sometimes.

Aléxandros and boichywow like this.
  8. karshup

karshup Fapstronaut

How do you mean your 'narsistic ego' shows up? what do you do?

Mr.Tony and boichywow like this.
  9. boichywow

boichywow Fapstronaut

READ: How to Win Friendship and influence people.

I'm introverted, but I'm also very social. Nothing in the books says being shy means you can't have friends.
    If you read the book and practice approaching people, you'll find socializing is a skill, not an inherently understood chi martial art.

10. You could simply put i needed a dose of Attention, Especially when i was a kid back in the middle school.