1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Always listening to music/watching netflix. A distraction?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Raven King, May 17, 2022.

1. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

I've noticed many of my friends always have air pods in their ears or keep the TV/streaming service on. Is it because they are afraid of silence? Afraid of their own thoughts? Personally, I like some quiet time around me, but it seems most of my friends find it uncomfortable. Why do you think that is?

2. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I'll tell you my 2 cents: I listen to over 24h of music each week, which is undeniably a lot, but I also can appreciate quiet and silence. I just feel better when there is a background noise cause it helps me focus on the present. If anything, it helps me face my thoughts better. Don't judge a book by its cover :)

3. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

Glad that you can enjoy both. With some of my friends though it's non-stop. Even listening to music/podcasts when going to sleep. I don't think it's healthy.

4. I went to the market today to get some milk and the cashier was mumbling things quietly and I was hoping he wasn't saying something important, because I couldn't hear him at all. I've been to this market many times, and the men there often talk really, really quietly, and I have to ask them to repeat what they said. But then I looked up and saw that he had airpods in and I think he was on the phone! Can't say I was surprised, really, but man, that just seems extremely unprofessional to me.