1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Foolish

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Run_Like_Joseph_Did, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for the input. I would definitely appreciate some female advice. Although I don’t think cute is the best way to describe this, but what do I know right?
    You really think three dates is enough to say she’s into me to?

2. Ridley

Ridley Fapstronaut

Of course that sucks. It's painful to go through, sometimes extremely painful. It could bring you to tears. If you go through that sort of pain, let it happen to you. Move towards it, don't pull back. Resistance is futile. Cry your eyes out if that's what you feel like doing. On the other side of all that pain and hurt is personal growth.

If this girl rejects you (and you have to admit that you honestly have no idea whether she will or not), it's going to suck. It's going to hurt. However, if that happens, I encourage you to just let yourself feel that hurt for a little while. Really experience it and just soak it on up. Once you get through that, you'll realize there's a whole world out there, and that you will meet many different beautiful women in your life. In the long run, I think you will be grateful that she rejected you (if she even does at all. This girl might end up being your soul mate for all I know).

Don't be afraid of rejection. Rejection is closure. Rejection is liberation. Rejection is honesty. What more could you ask for?

3. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Under no circumstance am I going to ball my eyes out. But you’re right. Maybe I should just tell her how I feel. But I just don’t know when. I don’t think that I should just dump it on her next time I see her. Especially in front of other people.

4. Ridley

Ridley Fapstronaut

No, of course not. I forgot, men don't cry, right?
    /sarcasm

I'm not telling you that you should cry. I'm just saying that it's okay if you do, and that if that's your natural reaction to being rejected, you should just let it happen. Hell, that was my reaction the first few times I got rejected by beautiful women. I think that men in the western world are taught from a very young age that we are supposed to be strong, and for some reason we think strength means not showing any emotional response to anything.

Crying or not, my point is that being rejected is nothing to be afraid of. It might hurt you, it might make you feel lonely or empty, it might even make you cry or have some other emotional reaction. Whatever happens, my point is that the pain is a gateway to personal growth.

I'm totally in favor of you telling her about how you feel. As for the timing and setting, there's no clear answer I can give you about that. Personally, I think sooner is better, but trust your instincts. I understand about wanting privacy from other people. You want to be emotionally vulnerable with her, not with everyone else, so I get that. It's okay to be patient about these things, but I also hope you don't spend your whole life waiting for a perfect moment. There's never going to be a perfect moment. It's always going to feel a little scary, because there's always going to be the possibility that things don't work out the way you want them to.

What if it's too soon? What if there are people around? What if it's too much for her to handle? What if she doesn't think I'm respectful? What if she's not attracted to me? What if she finds out about my addiction and doesn't like me? What if she finds someone else she likes better? What if she feels like I'm dumping everything on her?

There are always going to be "what ifs". If you try to answer all of them before you tell her how you feel, you're going to be waiting a very long time. Just go for it when you feel like it's a good enough moment to tell her. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how it ends up.

5. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

what beautiful women? I find women kinda ugly and unattractive. Especially ones who smoke and go to bars just to drink and be more social like little children. lol. Like I learned in an esl class. lol.

6. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

God could not have made a better helper for man than a woman. You gotta feel lucky even to have them so much as look as us. Lord knows we don’t deserve that pleasure. I have no business having a beautiful girl (trust me she is) pay attention to me, spend time with me, or find me worth her time. That’s how undeserving we are of this awesome gift that God has given us.
    Perhaps it is true that you find yourself unarroused by women (I can’t fathom why). However it’s not at all right to group those beautiful, God-fearing women who tolerate guys like us with those who smoke and go to bars and sleep around

7. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

How about this I’ll ask her out on another date. I’ll ask her if she wants to spend time together. If it’s just us then maybe I’ll nut-up and express myself. Although she’s a pretty busy And I can easily come off as a pest. But I’ll do it. I’ll tell her how I feel and spill my guts then. But I go into this knowing that she might be really put off by what I’ve got.

8. Ridley

Ridley Fapstronaut

Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has different sexual preferences. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I can assure you there are many women out there who don't smoke or go to bars.

9. Ridley

Ridley Fapstronaut

Sounds like a plan :) be kind to yourself, try to relax, accept your fate, and above all else, just be yourself.

10. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Alright I asked her if she’d like to go ice sckating sometime and she said yes. We’re working on a date. I’m nervous just thinking about it.

11. Ridley

Ridley Fapstronaut

That's exciting! Sounds like a nice time. I'm sure you'll both enjoy it.

12. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

So I spoke with my pastor in private about my standing with this girl (yes we are both very much Christian). I talked about what it means to lust in ones heart. I spoke about how I feel about this girl. I spoke in confidence that not another living soul would know what I said. I asked him how I should properly pursue this girl in a Godl-fearing way. He gave me some solid insight. I can’t help but feel as though she’d feel uncomfortable around a guy paranoid enough to seek pastoral help for a simple relationship, but here I am. He suggested that maybe it was a bit too soon to spill my guts to this girl. I know that the advice I’ve received here is to the contrary, but I’m simply confused. All I want is to not push this girl away or let this opportunity go unused.

13. Ridley

Ridley Fapstronaut

In the defense of the advice I (and others) have given you here, your pastor probably has a lot more information to work with than we do. Your pastor has body language while we have only words, and he knows you on a personal level that we don't.

If you're feeling torn between the advice of a bunch of different people, just follow your heart. I know that might sound silly, but it's the best I can offer. Ultimately, I don't really believe there's any such thing as a "bad choice" in life. There are just the choices you make, and you deal with the consequences. Whatever you do with respect to your relationship with this girl, I'm sure it'll be just fine. Give yourself a break from all the stress and just try to enjoy things as they are :)