An So Journal?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by SpouseofPA, Jan 4, 2018.

1. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

Is there a thread Dedicated to SO's journals? or can a section be made?

Torn likes this.
  2. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

For now it can go into the partners' section. If there is enough interest and threads posted there, we can create another section for journals.

Torn and SpouseofPA like this.
  3. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

ok thanks :)

4. Torn

Torn Fapstronaut

I think a separate area for partners' journals is an excellent idea!

SpouseofPA likes this.
  5. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I do not support it without a line of etiquette rules and I think alot of people agree, which is why nobody is commenting
    (or journaling since Saturday)
    because they are afraid of being victims of mass and group bullying in their journals (like I was), even by people who are in positions of certain authority around the forums.
    This is supposed to be a safe place.
    I think alot of people don't feel like this anymore.
    I think any changes made should be improvements for the further sanity and peace of the people of the NoFap community.
    Thank you

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  6. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

i respect your opinoin but i do not think you should speak for others as i have posts and PMS stating otherwise. Thank you :)

7. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Fair enough, but I was making a observation that was obvious not only to me but others who had pmed me too.
    So I respect the fact that you have another conclusion as this is your request.

Rachie and SpouseofPA like this.
  8. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

@Alexander
    i have atleast ten people stating that they believe a seperate location for the SOs journals would be benifical. it would definetly help with the situatuion @Kenzi is refering too because the journals would not be intermixed with day to day questions, and therefor cannot get confused.
    If someone you follow posts it will be in your news feed. so that eliminates peoples fear of loosing responses .
    @WantsToBelieve
    @EyesWideOpen
    @Broken81
    @Broken3
    @TryingToHeal
    @Torn
    @starrieeyes
    @SpouseofPA
    @LizzyBlanca
    @AnonymousAnnaXOXO

all support the idea
    and yes @Kenzi did agree at first with rules in place.
    i see her opinoin has changed and that is fine. but i would assume the moderaters would take care of issues as well as people can block others.

this seems to be a great idea and there are specific journal locations for everyone else but not us. if you need more names i will get them to you. thank you so much

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/an-so-journal-section.149338/

link above to my thread about it

EyesWideOpen likes this.
  9. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I agree, however I think a line of etiquette should be in place so the journals are respected and not pulled apart or out of context.
    If giving them there own place helps this process and journals be respected more, then yes. If this wont' change and moderators will still be working just as hard because the SOs are dealing with such emotional issues, (betrayal trauma and PTSD etc) then that is where my opinion (coming from those who have been speaking with me) is from.
    I never "changed my mind" I believe my opinion is not being understood.
    I believe in kindness first and if I had trigger warnings and things in place that were ignored by general public (I was within NoFap rules) that lead to a overall harassment issue, that now can be fixed with a byline, I think it's at least worth consideration. @Alexander especially when considering changing the format of what the issue was about in the first place. Why not do both seamlessly?
    It just makes sense.
    To protect the community and make it easier on the mod team.
    Thank you

Rachie, WantsToBelieve and SpouseofPA like this.
  10. WantsToBelieve

WantsToBelieve Fapstronaut

I did also specify in my own reply on the thread before that I also think there should be guidelines specifically stating that no offhand comments be made.
    Journals are for our own thoughts, no one else's. So if we want to rant, we should be free to rant.
    Not rudely, of course, or targeted at anyone specifically, but especially when it's warned beforehand that there will be triggers and/or unpopular opinions in our journals.
    So if we're asking for opinions or advice, or specifically stating at the beginning of the journal or individual post that advice/opinions are not welcome, those requests should be followed.
    Simple etiquette.

Rachie, Kenzi and SpouseofPA like this.
  11. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Offhand comments include being taken in or out of the journal and quoted elsewhere probably?
    Yes.
    I agree.
    This is what I meant too.

WantsToBelieve and Rachie like this.
  12. Rachie

Rachie Fapstronaut

I agree. One of the reasons I decided to start a journal on nofap was the idea that I could write down my thoughts and feelings. Specifically, I felt like I could say things in my journal that I might not be able to say to to the people in my life. My journal is my safe place, where I can write whatever and not be afraid that someone is going to rip apart what I say.

WantsToBelieve and Kenzi like this.
  13. WantsToBelieve

WantsToBelieve Fapstronaut

Exactly.
    I don't want to have to worry about gossip or rumors or being "the bad guy". Not here.
    We all have enough to worry about.
    Don't like what I say in my safe space.... don't read.

Kenzi likes this.
  14. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

15. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

ANy update on this idea?

i have found over 10 people that like it. ( they all keep journals)
    We think it would be beneficial to the NoFap Community to allow us to have our own section

16. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

Created and put as a child forum of Partner Support. Here it is. We'll see how much use that it gets.

SpouseofPA likes this.
  17. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

Thank you much!
    I'm sure it'll take some time to think but in time I do think everyone will find it beneficial.

One more question @Alexander
    If someone ALREADY has a journal in the other section can they contact the moderator team to have them move the thread to the new section?

18. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

Yes, they can just click "report" underneath their post and ask it to be moved to the appropriate section.