Announcement: Introducing embedded day counters.

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Alexander, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai Moderator Assistant Staff Member Moderator Assistant

2. PieLover

PieLover Fapstronaut

Looks nice!

3. kraanwater

kraanwater Guest

Pretty sweet!
    Did not understand how to set it up at first though.

Anyone wondering about that. You have to set the date to your first PMO etc free day, and the time accordingly. Ull know if you messed it up XD

4. hitmantaaz

hitmantaaz New Fapstronaut

Cool feature! I am not counting the days on this streak it will allow me to check when shit gets tough ^^

5. Do i have to click on every persons name and see their signature ?.... Or is there any other way?

I wish counter was visible under people nick or under their posts ... Easily accesible.

Anyways alexanders counter shows 500+ .. Is that real ?

6. go!

go! Fapstronaut

Wow, That looks really stylish! Deep thanks @alexander for keeping the community going further. For some of us its reallly vital to be connected!

A question: when you post something, will the signature linked to your post update each day or it will stay as it is? I think it would be Nice to see what person is saying and his/her progress at that particular moment :p.

7. go!

go! Fapstronaut

Yeah, exacty what I was thinking - the current streak under avatar and the "frozen at the day of a post" counter under the signature :)

LegendaryToast likes this.
  8. spitfire

spitfire Fapstronaut

Great. Thanks.
    Seems to be a bug - if you've got a link in your signature (as I have) - when editing, as there's a link in the tracker, it gives this error:
    • Your signature may only have 1 link(s).
    The workaround is to delete the tracker from the signature & set it up again, but that's a pain.
    Thanks

9. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Hi Alexander,

Is there any chance of making that counter a little smaller and a little less obtrusive? As it stands now, it is very in your face as you scroll through the posts. Also, you have a huge Nofap logo staring at you every few seconds.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  10. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

It works fine! I'm surprised though that no one mentioned the size of the counters yet. They are quite large and smashed into the face of the observer. I could do with them being 60-70% of the size they are now.

11. Buzz Lightyear

I just bet you to it!;)

Headspace likes this.
  12. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

It has already been that way with the old counters. If anything, NoFap is a competition again. For some people it is useful, for other may be not. No one is forced to "participate" and no one is being shamed when he or she relapses. I'm not sure whether and for how long I will keep my counter.

13. Buzz Lightyear

It will be interesting to see how many others find the size of the counter, and the size of the logo, a problem. I won't be reading much if it stays the way it is. Seeing one after the other is in your face, monotonous and boring. The problem is that it functions like an advertisement.

14. Buzz Lightyear

Or even 25% of what they are now.

Please lose the counter [until it is downsized], and I shall continue to read your journal.:)

Day 43

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    ConfusedwQuestions likes this.
  15. Buzz Lightyear

The problem with the counter as it stands now, is you can not avoid reading the number. It shouts out at you before you can even begin to read the post. The number should be there as an afterthought, where the reader may choose to read the number or not on completion of reading the post.

16. MrGeonov

MrGeonov Fapstronaut

I agree that the size of the counter seems a tad to big.
    I'd like it just to be an information in the signautre, normal size (or around that). Just a small badge, that's all.

ConfusedwQuestions likes this.
  17. Schnabel

Schnabel Fapstronaut

that's sure nice and encouraging; one minor detail though. Since you need 1+ likes to have a signature, it’s not immediately available for those guys, who are just using the message system for AP and conversation. Please consider this.

that being said, they really could be smaller; maybe half the size
    Also: please like me now

go!, Buzz Lightyear and kraanwater like this.
  18. Finally!! wont have to to and fro between the reddit stub and the official site

19. ConfusedwQuestions

ConfusedwQuestions Fapstronaut

Ditto with the counter size. It's good, but just very *big*.

20. sirfapstinence

sirfapstinence Fapstronaut

I was the first one to mention the counter size and I'm glad that there are many more who feel the size is far too big. I'm not using it until the size is tweaked and the counter is made a bit more subtle.
    I hope that the change can be made quickly.