Announcement: Regarding the PMO-Tracker Day Counters

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Alexander, Mar 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

What is happening with the old system?
    There have been plenty of posts talking about how the PMO-Tracker day counters seem to have vanished.

The software just doesn't work anymore. The badges started out being "spotty" but now they appear to be completely offline. There have been intermittent problems for well over a year now.

The PMO-Tracker system is/was developed and maintained by a 3rd party. We do not have the code for it. We do not have any server access. There is nothing that we can do to fix them aside from email the developer.. which we have already done a number of times without success.

We are thankful for all of the great work that the developer of PMO-Tracker has done. All of us should be thankful since they sacrificed a lot of time and money to maintain them free-of-charge for such a long time. In fact, in the past, the developer let me know that the number of users from NoFap might become a problem.

I'm assuming that they could not continue to upkeep the project and have moved on with their lives. And it is time that NoFap moved on to its own system.

What is next.
    NoFap is working on many things this year, but we understand how important the day counters are to the community. So we've prioritized getting a proprietary day counter system online.

ETA: none.

We don't have the engineering resources to make a firm commitment, but it is actively being worked on by Jack.

Update: Within 2 weeks

Benefits of our own system:

• Backed by me and NoFap's privacy policy.
    • Your data stays at NoFap.
    • Servers here to stay as long as we're online.
    • Faster, integrated into the forum.
    • Easier to use, hopefully.
    Want to keep seeing more great stuff from NoFap? Contribute or set up a Premium subscription.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. Mattsfreedom

Mattsfreedom Fapstronaut

3. goldstein

goldstein Fapstronaut

Alexander as always great work. I really appreciate all the hard work you have done to keep this site alive and growing. Thanks again.

fercho29 likes this.
  4. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

None of it would be possible without every member of the team. This coding project is 100% @Jack Fischer and all of the moderation team is beta testing. @matthewmammothrept and @OutsideTime are helping to write up documentation on how to use it.

5. RedPillRebooter

RedPillRebooter Fapstronaut

about time, though I already have a physical calendar

6. clarknielsen

clarknielsen Fapstronaut

Thanks @alexander for this great news. I am one of those who (shamelessly) complained about the counter. Is this project on github or something that we can all contribute?

7. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

Not publicly or open sourced, but if you would like to contribute, definitely get in touch with some examples of projects that you've worked on. We could always use the help and have many projects this year.

clarknielsen likes this.
  8. Awesome to hear that it's being worked on. The counter was huge accountability thing and motivation booster. There's just something that kept me better from relapsing about seeing the days there and them going up. Can't wait for it to be back up online. :emoji_thumbsup:

9. TheFutureMe

TheFutureMe Fapstronaut

Thanks all for the efforts and ressources you all put into making NoFap a better place. It surely is a safe haven for a lot of us.

Can't wait for this new feature!

10. Doctor Misterio

Doctor Misterio Fapstronaut

Thank you alexander and all the NoFap team. You people are awesome. Thank your very much for just keeping the site online. That's a big deal for a lot of people including me. If there's anything I can do for you, I'll be happy to help.

:)

11. The_Long_Night

The_Long_Night Fapstronaut

This sounds good. An official NoFap counter would be a great help.

12. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.