1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anobody Can Recommend Herbal Teas or Supplements That I Can Take To Manage Stress and Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Crimson Heart, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Crimson Heart

Crimson Heart Fapstronaut

I am going though hell here, it's been 1 month and 3 weeks of nofap (with 1 relapse) and everyday is awful, I have brain fog, depressive thoughts as well as stress and anxiety that pile up to no end.

I need something that help me manage stressful thoughts during the day and something that helps me lower the stress accumulated during the day so that I can sleep at night.

Anybody could help please?

2. Lavender, lemongrass- for sleeping
    Vitamin B for the nerves and an anxiety.
    Goatweed - Hypericum perforatum for anxiety too
    Linden flower
    And essential oil - citrus sinensis (sweet orange)

3. Crimson Heart

Which one(s) exactly?

4. Well mine consists B-1-2-6-12 but says that all the 8 type is good for tiredness and anxiety. Mine called B-Komex (in Europe) - also includes vitamin C and Magnesium.

Crimson Heart likes this.
  5. Crimson Heart

What is the name of the brand?

6. Andy1517

Andy1517 Fapstronaut

Goldenseal herbal tea or Mullen is good for anxiety n stress preferably goldenseal that’ll jus help u sleep n relax

toziko likes this.
  7. Burgerstein

8. Crimson Heart

Thanks, looks like this is a Swiss product but I think I found an online store that ship outside Switzerland.

By the way, I do not know if I have any Vitamin B defiency or Magnesium defiency, is it bad to take that stuff if you do not know if you have any Vitamin B defiancy or Magnesium defiency?

Can't get any of these brands' products shipped outside the US.

9. If you have any deficiency then you should take vitamins to fill the gaps.
    Goldenseal is Kurkuma - you can have it in every store but sure in the local Indian or Turkey one.

10. Crimson Heart

But if you don't?

11. I don’t understand. Deficiency means you are in need to have those vitamins… is that what you mean? Or alergy?

12. Crimson Heart

If you do a blood test and see that you do not have a deficiency in Vitamin B1, B2, B6 and B12 (meaning that you Vitamins B levels are within "normal range"), would it still be advisable to take Burgerstein B-Komplex Vitamins Supplements or not?

toziko likes this.
  13. I see. Yes. That wouldn’t make any trouble at all. It will increase the level but not that high what would cause damage. Honestly you need to eat a tons if it to be able to damage yourself. So if your measures within limit you still can take these. 2 peace a day won’t do any harm.

14. myShark999

myShark999 Fapstronaut

You should really look up on Ashwagandha and L-Theanin. Ashwagandha reduces Cortisol (Stresshormone) and increases Testosterone. Also it decreases Anxiety and makes you more relaxed. L-Theanin decreases social Anxiety symptomes such as beating heartbeat or stressfull thoughts. It really makes you calm.

Mob Barley and Crimson Heart like this.
  15. Crimson Heart

I bought Ashwaghanda will probably use it tomorrow, L-Theanin is only available as a supplement though? What dose should I go for? And which brand do you recommend?

Joseph Campbell likes this.
  16. Just read how you can have all at the same time. They might not support each other!

17. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Yo, Matcha tea from Dr. Andrew Weil (a stellar human being who sources the best damn Matcha on Earth from Japan- can find at Matcha.com) is just fackin wonderful stuff. It's got that L-theanine ya'll mentioned above as it occurs naturally in the leaf, which balances the moderate amount of caffeine for a very mellow yet bright focus that lasts for hours.

It's been my go-to replacement for coffee on days I don't have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off... Like today!

Also, I love a little sip from a cbd tincture before bed. Most quality cbd tinctures will have less than .3% thc content to them. I'm taking a year off drinking right now and having some cbd with that micro-amount of thc about an hour before bed really helps slow my brain down and just catch up with myself, and just drift to sleep on a settled mind.

Plenty o' tools out there, just keep experimenting and journaling your trials til you find something that helps... Good luck!

18. myShark999

myShark999 Fapstronaut

I won't recommend any doses or brands but to give you a perspective; im using 500mg in the morning but not everyday. Some people say even 50 mg is enough, some even go up to 1 gramm. Depends on you and your body.

19. Personally, I use ashwagandha. I believe it is the most powerful anti-stress herb there is. I drink lemon balm tea also which works wonders.

Mob Barley likes this.
  20. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut