1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Bad Post

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

When Biblical David was thinking right he killed a lion with nothing but a club (The power of the Lord was with him). Here is how David wrote when he was thinking right:

“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. 12 Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes. 15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. 16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.” Psalm 119:11-16 KJV

We hide God's Word in our hearts by #1, memorization. This is a great passage for memorization.

#2 We hide God's Word in our hearts through daily Bible reading. I am currently reading the Psalms (written by David). David writes a lot about his love for prayer and for the Scripture. That focus was great for David quitting his lust habit and it is good for our habits as well.

#3 We hide God's Word in our hearts by praying about it. A good starting point is to pray over and think about Psalm one. Next, pray about what you should now be thinking about (instead of lust). Lastly, pray about what you should be doing as a Christian instead of … Finally, study God's Word so that you know what you should be doing.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

David was a total train wreck when he continued in sin. When he was thinking right he was one of the greatest Biblical heroes.

Choose your path.