1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety While Practicing Retention

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by HermitPurple98, Oct 4, 2021.

1. HermitPurple98

HermitPurple98 New Fapstronaut

Hi. I’m somewhat new to the semen retention thing. It’s been about 9 days since I began this journey. It’s been going okay, nothing to major. But my anxiety has shot up (significantly) since I began practicing. There are times when I can’t even look at people I the eyes or even talk to them. Every time I go out, I get super anxious. I don’t talk, I’m in such a hurry, and it’s starting to scare me. I’ve brought it up with my therapist, she suggested exercise and meditation. Which I’ve been been doing (30 min walk, 3x 5 minute meditation a day) but I still feel super anxious. Has anyone experienced this before??

Beekind likes this.
  2. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

Perfectly normal.
    You have been masking your anxiety with pleasure. Now that you have removed pleasure, anxiety is more obvious.
    It is just a small phase that you will go through.
    I felt the same at times. The first two months on SR were extremely tough on me. Anxiety,lethargy, insomnia, aggression, agitation etc...
    But that is because the brain is trying to find a healthy outlet of stress and anxiety.
    Believe me, if you persist, you will get there and the rewards are worth the effort and the inconvenience.
    We have f'kd up our psychology by abusing pleasure, now it is time to fix it by removing this crutch.

What helped me: breathing exercises, and physical exercise.
    Walking is good but you need something more intense.
    Cold showers ( only my head)
    And affirmations.
    Keep repeating to yourself: i am confident, i am calm. Make it a mantra.

Drambuie and HermitPurple98 like this.
  3. HermitPurple98

HermitPurple98 New Fapstronaut

Thanks man, I appreciate your comment. I’m definitely going to keep going. I feel good, it’s just my social anxiety has definitely been straining on me. I’ve been doing breathe work when I feel panicky in public, which helps a lot. And you are right, I need to do some more intense workouts, but I’m trying to get there lol (I’m not shape).

Beekind likes this.
  4. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

You are welcome. Please ask me for anything anytime.