1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Hank Moody 99, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Hank Moody 99

Hank Moody 99 Fapstronaut

Hi guys,I need help about anxiety.I realized that my anxiety became stronger when I started to abstain from PMO.When does anxiety stop? And should I visit doctor right away because every day I am feeling that paranoia ,anxiety and depression getting bigger.I started using Bromazepam(medication for anxiety) but only when its necessary.And I have HOCD which is also starting to be very strong.
    Guys I need immediate answer ,when does anxiety stops and what to do to overcome this without professional help.
    I know that some guy needed to go on therapy to overcome this..

Mirach likes this.
  2. Mirach

Mirach Fapstronaut

The anxiety that came over me once I started on my journey on nofap was unbelievable. At the time I didnt make the connection with nofap and anxiety but as time went by and I started to understand myself more I made the connection probably a year after the start of the journey.

Theres nothing really that can be done but just slug through it and do your best to improve and work on yourself. The biggest help for me in regards to the relationship i have with anxiety is the use of the headspace app. Once completing the 3 core categories, going onto the anxiety category. It was very helpful in building a better relationship with anxiety. It teaches you to not be naive and wish the feeling of anxiety away and instead it is our job to be able to live with it. I think that is why so much anxiety came to surface when i started the journey. I was unable to live with my anxiety. I didn't have it under control.

However to reach the headspace app stage I had to go through drastic changes in my life and re arrange my priorities I had in order to actually value the headspace app and meditating.

Hope you find your peace because the anxiety problem has been a fight for 2 years and I am able to somewhat understand your pain.

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  3. Hank Moody 99

Hank Moody 99 Fapstronaut

Thank you for answering I 'll download this app.Some people say that anxiety goes away after long abstain from PMO.The worst thing is that I have this feeling that I don't want to talk to people I don't want to see somebody who I know.

4. Mirach

Mirach Fapstronaut

@Hank Moody 99 - In regards to not wanting to see people you know, that is understandable because of the anxiety. We need to understand that we dont know how anxiety is affecting us. Its so many layers upon layers, we just see the surface view. For instance a theory as to why you dont want to see somebody is that you dont want them to see you in this current state because now that your improving and you have goals you see yourself right now as someone that you dont want others to meet. You understand, because of the nofap journey we have dreams of developing into new people and this person we are now we don't like him as much. Therefore we dont want others to see this person we currently are.

This journey will help us to love ourselves for who we are. To not be stuck in the past and future but be here in the present because thats where everything is at peace. Look forward to the journey because you wont be able to make 90 days without redefining yourself around 20 times to get to where you want to go.