Any Age Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by Halibut, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Narzisse

Narzisse Fapstronaut

'I have read the rules and would like to become an AP'

Journey to Resilience likes this.
  2. Misha4blues97

Misha4blues97 New Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to become an AP. I am a 22 y/o who's been trying to remove PMO from my life but keep struggling and it is frustrating.

3. Legit1

Legit1 Fapstronaut

Boom! Reached 1 month! Going to keep this streak going!

I just have to keep going. The benefits are there and will only get better if I keep on going.

4. Journey to Resilience

Journey to Resilience Fapstronaut

@Halibut
    There are 2 new applicants that want to join. Can you please let them in?

5. Journey to Resilience

I have to call it a night right now, but I will check in tomorrow morning.

6. Halibut

Halibut Fapstronaut

Hey @Misha4blues97, please set a daily counter so I can add you to the leader board

7. Halibut

Halibut Fapstronaut

Hey @Narzisse, welcome to the group, at 103 days I am sure you have plenty of experience to share with the group!

*The leaderboard has been updated*

8. Journey to Resilience

Check-In 2-19-20
    • I have officially hit my first major goal of 7 days of no PM. Needless to say, I am happy with my accomplishment. My next goal is to break my biggest record of 10 days. That record was set 10 years ago.
    • Although I am happy with this streak, I have struggled a lot recently. During the night and morning, I had a lot of temptations to the point where I did not sleep very well. However, I did make it through without acting out. Throughout the afternoon, I felt down because I missed PM. I did talk myself out of it by reminding myself of the reason why I am doing it; I need to build resilience to reclaim certain aspects of my life that I need.
    • I am pairing NoFap with Sexual Compulsives Anonymous (SCA) to work on a written plan to overcome my PM addiction.
    I will post again within the next 12 hours or so for today's check in.

9. Journey to Resilience

Welcome, @Narzisse ! I look forward to helping each other overcome our addictions.

@Legit1 . Congratulations!!! That's a huge milestone! You should feel very proud of yourself.

Legit1 likes this.
  10. Narzisse

Narzisse Fapstronaut

Today's check:
    Day 104
    I was struggling with an awful urge, but i escaped it.
    I'm somehow starting to think that the the PMO is not really an addiction but a habit and that we have to deal with it like something that we want to understand and not to ger ride of our life without understanding his meaning. For exemple, i saw some signals who's triggering me generally a day when im tried and i don't really have a plan, so maybe the urges are triggering me not just because of the sexual needs, but also because of the power of this habit.
    Now my goal is to understand the signal, the routine and the reword of that activity and to try to find a way out of that habit and his effects.

11. Misty1984

Misty1984 Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to become an AP'

12. Journey to Resilience

2-20-20
    • Finished Day 8, but slipped on Day 9. I am not too worried about it. At least I know I have potential to pass way over 2-3 days. My goal is still to surpass my record of 10 days and will still aim for it and more.
    • Basically what led me to slip is that I had temptations the entire day and I was at home. I also entertained the thoughts at times so I’ll try not to do that again.
    • I feel okay despite my slip. As I said, I am not really bothered, but instead see my potential.

13. Misha4blues97

Misha4blues97 New Fapstronaut

There you go, just added a counter. Haven't had any urges sense I have relapsed but I know in a few days I will get them but I won't let them win.

14. Journey to Resilience

2-21-20:
    • Relapsed again at night and and throughout the day.
    • Needless to say, I am stuck in a rut. My goal now is to get back on the road to recovery ASAP. And also to reach the 7-day-mark again.
    • I found out that I actually crave more PM when I relapse. Especially after a long period of abstinence. The lesson I am taking from this is that relapse hits very hard! And it throws productivity out the window.
    • One thing I can work on is controlling my thoughts better.
    • Luckily, I have SCA tomorrow. I may want to attend more sessions and learn more about PM addiction itself.
    • I do feel a little disappointed, but I am going to learn from this experience and persist.

Legit1 likes this.
  15. Legit1

Legit1 Fapstronaut

Yup, I agree that relapsing is very counterproductive since you end up feeling negative symptoms afterwards. Gotta be stronger and know that this addiction will only slow you down in your life, which is really not worth it.

Btw I'm now at day 32 and I feel like I'm in a flatline. I feel like my progress from NoFap went backwards instead as I was feeling like trash some hours ago, and still feel somewhat sluggish for some reason right now. Also, I seem like I'm breaking out with some acne... But I think the acne can be from NoFap and because I'm detoxifying my body. I hear that detoxification can bring some healing crises like breakouts, skin looking horrible and dry. Whatever the reason is, I'm going to keep on going in hope it'll eventually clear up.

L1ster and Journey to Resilience like this.
  16. Halibut

Halibut Fapstronaut

Thanks mate, I have added you to the board!

17. Journey to Resilience

You're making a lot of progress! Keep it up and hang in there!

18. 31Jan2020

31Jan2020 Fapstronaut

I Have read the rules and would like to be an ap

19. Vitabella

Vitabella Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to become an AP. I am a 54 year old married man and I've struggled with this since I was 13 or 14. A few days ago I was having a big argument with my wife and in my self pity and bad attitude I relapsed. So my streak is now at 2 days. How many times do I have to relapse and feel that regret, depression and self-loathing that follows acting out before I really get serious about this and make a lasting change? Thanks to the mods and everybody who make this forum possible. I hope for everybody in this AP group for real, lasting change. Our lives will get better without PM. It won't be easy but it will be worth the struggle. I need the help and support of others, I can't do this myself. My history certainly proves that. And I will support others in this AP group any way I can.

20. SelfLoathingMillennial

SelfLoathingMillennial Fapstronaut

Any room in this group?
    I have read the rules and would like to become an AP.