1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any authors here?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Username Changed by Mod Team, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Do you have any tips when it comes to fiction? How do you come up with settings and integrate themes into your work. Currently trying to come up with names for my characters.

2. There are probably a few self help books Brethren!!! I use them when I write poetry

3. keepitinmybriefs

keepitinmybriefs Fapstronaut

I write! I'm trying to remain anonymous on here, so I'm not going to tell you any titles or genres or anything lol. But one thing you can do to come up with names is just free association. If it's something more fantastical, just look at objects around and start saying random sounds until something sounds right. If it's more contemporary or historical fiction, then there are lists of names you can find online - just browse it and see what you like! You can also look up common names from ancient cultures or foreign nations - your readers will probably not have heard them before.

4. keepitinmybriefs

keepitinmybriefs Fapstronaut

5. ClassicalTheist

ClassicalTheist Fapstronaut

I write poetry for myself.

6. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Now everytime I see a book I'm going to wonder if it's written by you. Lol!

I write. I'm trying to finish my novel but I'm not getting very far. My plan is to write novels during the weekend but most of the time I end up not doing it.

Listening to podcasts help me come up with themes. Last week I was listening to Radiolab and the idea of a new novel came to me. As for names take a look through baby names websites - you should find names you like there.

7. gaarzy

gaarzy New Fapstronaut

Yes, you can say that I am also an author. Just agonizing over writing an essay. :D
    Maybe there will be some advice from professionals? I would be glad. Here a little help here https://paidpaper.net/best-coursework-writing-services/ with searches for the necessary information. From you I would like to hear advice directly on the writing process.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  8. lol

9. I'm an author. Feel free to reach out anytime if you need tips on something.

I would also recommend checking out YouTube for writing advice. Some of my favorite authortubers are: Jenna Moreci, Alexa Donne, ShaelinWrites, and Julian Greystokw. I've learned a lot of writing craft advice from them.

First important thing to know is what genre (fantasy, sci-fi, romance, etc) and category (young adult, adult, middle grade, etc) do you write?

I write contemporary romance, so for me, I just use baby name sites if I'm stuck on names. Or think of people I know or celebrities, but pair their first name with someone else's last name, so it's not exactly the same.

There are a lot of good YouTube videos about setting. I would type in something like "how to set the scene authortube" and I'm sure a lot will pop up.