Any Hobbies or activity ideas to do during rebooting?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by A_glass1900, Oct 23, 2019.

1. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

Can anyone give me list of any hobbies or activities of what I can do, so I don’t feel bored throughout the day?

2. Highness9991

Highness9991 Fapstronaut

Run may help you to spend energy !

3. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

As weird as it might sound, Dungeons and Dragons is a great hobby for a person to try if in a reboot. It takes you away from reality for a while, you can make friends and meet new people sometimes which will give you people to hang with outside the game, even. It can alsp be relatively time consuming as well, depending on the way you play it.

Reading books is another one. Escape reality, maybe even inspire yourself with a good story epic.

Hiking, going on walks, or biking is one of the best things for PMO recovery (I go outside a lot to fight urges) because it literally gets you outside for fresh air, as well as keeps you active and occupied. You may also meet people.

Writing can be good, if you're into it. Write anything. Learn poetry, write stories, create a novel. Perhaps you can make some money on it one day, if you do well enough.

Volunteer work is an option. I wouldn't want to, but some people get a good vibe from it and feel like they are more important from doing the service. Mood change is great for addiction. Especially if you are into a religion. Volunteer at a church or religious organization.

These are just a few ideas I thought of right away. Hope it helps. If not, you can probably find more ideas by Googling it.

4. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

I do running sometimes

Highness9991 likes this.
  5. Go All The Way

Go All The Way Fapstronaut

I think that's ultimately a very personal thing. What I like to do as a hobby may be something you hate. So you really have to introspect and figure out your specific interests and then just go try things.

For me I go to the gym 4 days a week. I also joined a salsa dance team. I love being active and moving my body (I'm also a landscaper so I'm very physical) so these activities work great for me. You may not be as much so, perhaps you're more artistic or crafty. You might be more drawn to creating music than dancing to it. Or you might be more interested in learning to build things through carpentry or something similar.

I think ultimately if you don't know what you want to do you just have to pull the trigger and start trying things. Anything. If you hate it at least now you know and you can move onto something else. It took me months before I forced myself to try salsa dancing and now I love it. I have a whole new social group and I'm literally forced to interact with women. Go find your answer, it's out there waiting for you.

A_glass1900 likes this.
  6. brightsidealien

brightsidealien Fapstronaut

7. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Any kind of demanding activity that would improve yourself and strengthen you as a man (spiritually, physically and mentally) is worth pursuing. Just be willing and curious to learn and acquire new skills and knowledge and you are already moving further ahead than the vast majority of men who have become very soft, fragile and comfortable these days and hence one of the reasons for why they feel sad and depressed. They think that a hedonistic lifestyle will bring them ever-lasting pleasure but nothing could be further from the truth. It is by temporary pain and misery you learn for life and develop a character in the long run. So, what can you do to improve your own life?

-If you are not practicing any sport or physical activity, I strongly suggest doing so since that will learn you how to handle and overcome the pain, temporary defeat, bruises, and strengthen your competitive sense (where you compete against yourself).

-If you are not reading on a regular basis, start doing so. Even if you are unused to it and don't manage to get more than one book per month read in the beginning, you are another step on the way and you will greatly increase your focus, concentration, vocabulary and knowledge over time. You will gain plenty of new perspectives on your mind from reading alone.

-Temper your body and mind through cold-showers, ice-baths and swims in cold water. It will increase your T-levels, make you aware of your own fragility (that you could die any minute), boost your immune system, temper your body and soul and give you increased resistance to cold temperatures over time.

A_glass1900 likes this.
  8. Sherlock_Poems

Sherlock_Poems Fapstronaut

Milhouse Van Houten likes this.
  9. Sherlock_Poems

Sherlock_Poems Fapstronaut

I've always wanted to play! Never would have thought of it as a way to be PMO free

10. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

There are a lot of ways to play. Local shops have Adventurer's League, a free to play setting and very easy to learn the game and meet people as a beginner. Additionally there are ways to play online. Roll20.com is a semi complex website that you can find online groups through. Heck, my friends and I get on once a week and play using an xbox live party chat.