1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Singers out there?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by willing2change, Aug 1, 2017.

1. willing2change

willing2change Fapstronaut

I’m curious if there’s anybody who enjoys singing in their spare time and if so who inspired you to sing in the first place? I know for me people like Mariah Carey, Elvis Presley and Judy Garland were my main influences.

2. señor

señor Guest

That's awesome! I'm learning to sing right now but I sound awful. Any advice for new singers? I'm honestly pretty discouraged by how slow the progress is coming

This is the song that made me want to learn how to sing. Man I'd love to be able to sing like that

3. willing2change

It’s definitely something you don’t learn overnight, but my advice is pick a song you really connect with and sing from your heart and don’t imitate the artist exactly I used bits of their techniques and improved my singing that way. Best of luck to you keep practicing you’ll find that old saying “Practice makes perfect” helps

señor likes this.
  4. I was a tenor in a choir. We would sing liturgical music such as Gregorian Chant Mass propers and polyphony Mass settings by composers like Byrde, Palestrina, Taverner, and Tomás Luis de Victoria. We would also sing pieces from Bach, Mozart, and Rachmaninoff. Lots a fun. I still sing sometimes in my spare time. My grandfather was the one who encouraged me to sing after hearing me when I was younger. I've always wanted to do Ave Maria like Pavarotti.

5. I was pretty good as a kid. I was in my church choir but I was enthralled with Hip Hop so I wasn't that into singing. I joined a rap group in college and forgot about my singing and my instruments. I picked up singing again recently tho cause its great for my mental state.

6. willing2change

I agree singing can be great for the mind as when I am stressed I tend to sing and it has helped to cure anxiety.