1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips to manage life and health working in rotational shifts.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Hard gainer, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Hard gainer

Hard gainer Fapstronaut

Hi,

I work in rotation shift work. Every week my shift changes. Below are my shift pattern,
    Week 1.) 9pm to 6am (full night)
    Week 2.) 12 pm to 9pm
    Week 3.) 2 pm to 11 pm
    Week 4.) 6 am to 3 pm

This is the pattern in which my shift will be rotated. Hence I don't have standard sleeping and waking up time. I was not able to come up with any routine and follow the same. I really need to quit this rotation shift job and join in regular shift. But currently I am hooked with this job and will not able to quit for next few months.

Can someone suggest any idea to manage life and health working in this kind of shifts.

2. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Damn.

What do you?

I've never heard of a shift program like that.

3. Hard gainer

Hard gainer Fapstronaut

I work as IT engineer in India. (24/7- production support team). Here in India, it is common practice for most of IT production support teams , BPO teams to work in this kind rotational shifts. And they pay extra allowance for working in shift. Some people are ok with this life style given they recive extra allowance.
    Even I was happy with extra allowance earlier. But now my health and personal life is getting spoilt due to this life style. And it is real problem for me now.

4. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

You pretty much know the solution, but if you are stucked for now.

Try dividing it into two sections.
    Like week 1 and 2 sleep from 7am till 3pm and 5am to 11am , week 3 12 pm to 8 am, and week 4 11pm to 7 am, trying to divide into two 2 week slots instead of four different sleep patterns, probably the first week of each slot you will be slugish, but the second week quite possibly you will get some better rest. The idea is trying to keep it as consistant as possible during at least two weeks, instead of all over the place different each week.

And pretty much move the rest around those two, two-week sleep patterns, try to eat either on the morning/afternoon or in the early evening either before or after work depending on the week you are at, avoid eating late. That way you can enclose you eating pattern into a 6hours gap, that will be the same gap in all four weeks, just changing the exact hours you eat at during that gap.

Just my two cents.

5. Hard gainer

Hard gainer Fapstronaut

Thanks mate, will try the same. Also I have got some hope I will be able to find some other job with same pay or higher but with general shift.
    Only challenge is due to shift in current job I always feel drained of energy and finding difficult to invest time to prepare for interview. I have planed 4 hrs a week for interview preparation as of now. Hoping will be ready in 2 months to crack a interview

6. Hard gainer

Hard gainer Fapstronaut

Yes most of the time. Because my working timing will not match with work timing of my friends. When they are free I will be working. And when they are working I will be free or sleeping. So most of the time I have plan in advance

7. Hard gainer

Hard gainer Fapstronaut

Have set up a realastic target to get my self prepared for interview. With so much of personal issues and addiction, its about how am going manage time and stress and being consistent without loosing momentum for few months.