1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone do olympic lifting?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Damaged_Stoic, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Damaged_Stoic

Damaged_Stoic Fapstronaut

I've been powerlifting this past summer and have gotten great result, but I want to tailor my training towards mobility and athleticism and I feel Oly lifting is great for that.

The thing is I can't afford a member shift at an Oly gym and all the "oly" gyms around here are crossfit gyms so I'm forced to do it at home. I have all the things I need, a barbell, tons of plates, and weightlifting shoes (I couldn't buy PL shoes so I bought Oly shoes).

Does anyone know of any good beginner programs and I can try at home?

I follow Zack Telander too. Great channel.

palindromo likes this.
  2. Muscular Sherlock Holmes (renamed to @WOOF recently) was into it afaik.

Sadly he deleted his account just today so until he comes back this is not much of a help.

palindromo and Damaged_Stoic like this.
  3. What? First Castielle and then him? Those were our 2 best posters. If @Psalm27:1my light or @fg4795 or @Steppingintotheunkown leaves then I'm out lol.

fg4795 likes this.
  4. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

Squats (both back and front) and deads to build basic strenght. Once you have built the foundation then start playing around with cleans/jerks and snatches.

5. _usernameusername_

_usernameusername_ Fapstronaut

Hey, just started Oly lifiting a couple weeks ago. I also come from powerlifting too! I don't go to an oly gym cause they are so expensive, I just use the local 24hr fitness.

Zack's channel is definitely a great resource, Alan Thrall too.

and if you ever need some motivation just watch some Clarence Kennedy videos XD