1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else familiar with ASMR?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by NotAfraid, May 27, 2014.

1. NotAfraid

NotAfraid Fapstronaut

Ay, what's up?

What we're going to discuss here is something called ASMR, which stands for Autonomous sensory meridian response.

For you, who can't relate, this is going to be weird.

So what this is about:
    -Wikipedia

When someone is whispering or making certain sounds and noises, I get this pretty nice, relaxing and tingling feeling in the back of my head. I found this out when I was a kid and my female teacher used to think to herself whispering. It felt good and I thought I was the only one with this, so I never talked anyone about it.

Now I've found out, that it's a phenomenon, that has a name and there are many other people who has it too. It's still pretty rare.

It's not usually sexual, but it can be just like anything. It's very relaxing and sometimes makes me sleepy. ASMR is also not a disease or anything like that. It's just something, that other people have and other people don't.

WARNING: IF A CUTE GIRL'S FACE IS A TRIGGER FOR YOU, THEN DON'T SCROLL DOWN!
    I don't find it triggering at all, but someone might. Again, this is not sexual.

Okay, here we go.

So if this video feels like something I've been describing here, then you probably have the ASMR:[video=youtube;wTzmnfc5IuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTzmnfc5IuE[/video]

2. Time4aChange

Time4aChange Fapstronaut

I've heard about this, but I don't think I have it. It's kinda relaxing I guess, but I don't feel like it's exactly a "pleasurable sensation".

Then again, I have desensitized myself to pleasure by PMOing so much... :(

One thing I look forward to is the enjoying the simple things in life again.

3. ARHMAGHEEEEEEEEEERD I LOVE ASMR SO SO SO SO MUCH. I had a French ASMR channel but had to stop it because it took to much time, actually it's still online.

It's what saved me from insomnia when I was chronically depressed, I feel it pretty strongly - some people can feel it and others can't.

I's just so fucking relaxing. I'm listening to billions of audio roleplays, and I made SO MUCH friends with my channel, it was one of the best experience of my life.

Glad you talked about this NotAfraid (and kudos for your signature banner! looks amazeballs, damn I really fucking love Marshall), ASMR is by far one of the things I love the most in life.

4. Advanced Search

Advanced Search Fapstronaut

You have a great ASMR voice :)
    Personally i dont feel like i really get tingles, i just find it very relaxing to fall asleep to.
    and also, and this may be a bit embarrasing, i like it for the pretty girls, not that its a sexual thing but listening to a girl whispering and accompanied by a pretty face makes me even more relaxed.
    Example: [video=youtube;dygDAWXF1Wk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dygDAWXF1Wk[/video]
    but i do also like male asmr, i listened to ephemeral rifts candy man like maybe 15 times.
    never made it to the end of the video though :p allways fell asleep before that.

5. Rooooooh bro stop making me blushhhh. Gah. You half convinced me to go back to it again. Ugh... Yeah. I'll come back to it this summer.

Agree though, I only felt the things like 4 or 5 times, it was so fucking intense.

Haha, I mostly listen to male asmers!!! For the exact same reason than you but from a female point of view. It's refreshing to be able to appreciate beauty in a non-sexual way. It's comforting.

Fuck man, I beat you, I have seen Candy Man at least 100 times, and besides I downloaded the audio, so I listened to it everywhere and anytime, I know it almost by heart man XDD I'm seriously so happy to talk about this guehehehe I feel like a 3 years old high on sugar at Disneyland.

6. NotAfraid

NotAfraid Fapstronaut

Hi Cocorosie!

I agree with Advanced Search, you have a great ASMR voice! Shit, I don't understand a word of French, but I love to hear you whispering it. French is such a beautiful language and you have such a beatiful voice. I suggest you go back to making ASMR-videos, if that's really what you like to do! :)

And thanks! I made the signature banner myself. :) Do you want one? :D

@Advanced search

There is nothing embarassing about it. I can't feel relaxed or get the tingles, if I watch a male ASMR-video. It actually disturbs me greatly to watch male ASMR. It's not a sexual thing, but I love to watch girls too and watching men just feels wrong somehow...

7. Advanced Search

Advanced Search Fapstronaut

@Cocorosie, i subbed! and see you allready uploaded a new video :D
    Love your smile btw, cant help but smile along everytime you smile :eek:

here is a list of ASMRtists im subbed to in order of how much i like them, would be great if you 2 posted yours to:
    Christen Noel
    MissASMR
    Ephemeral Rift
    ASMRrequests
    Fairy Char ASMR
    Small Wonders
    Heather Feather
    Asmr Guitar
    Natur Elixir

8. Advanceed Search you are the fucking sweetest omfg it means the actual world. I probably won't make videos again soon though, because all my gear is in Paris!

My favourite includes but not in this particular order:
    _ ASMRGAINS (fucking love this dude he's delish)
    _ gourmetasmr
    _ Ephemeral Rift but just for the candy reviews and the Candy Man
    _ wronski whispers
    _ Asmr Vids
    _ SOUNDSculptures (Helen is perfect, extremely high quality stuff, I'm FUCKING AMAZED, I don't why she adores the stuff I do???)
    _ Tingle Kitchen (yeah food)
    _ a huge lot of others, I'm watching these videos ALL THE TIME.

THANK YOU NotAfraid! It means a hell lot. I used to have more English videos, I'll very probably make some more! Hey, you'd do that? I don't know why but I always come back to Evil Deeds lyrics "Please God give me the strength to have what it takes to carry on", it's really my mantra, it would be great! I'd prefer knowing you're doing it rather than relapsing X)