1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else learning to code?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by spidermanfan123, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Hi.
    I am learning Python & JavaScript in https://sololearn.com. It's very awesome.
    So why I am learning Python?
    My aim is to create a software that will block adults websites , distracting websites and contents for me by default

eagle rising and Fighter_4_life like this.
  2. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

I’m actually halfway learning Swift Code for IOS from scratch, but I’m in a bad phase now so I got no motivation to continue at the moment

3. Started learning Python yesterday! Wish me luck:emoji_sweat_smile:

4. Jzclo

Jzclo Fapstronaut

I am currently learning C# which is alright to be honest, although at first it was quiet difficult for me since my very first programming language was HTML.... and don't you dare say it!

Dynamogyan likes this.
  5. Say what?

6. I am always learning to code, it's addictive. Doing iOS apps in Swift/Objective-C is fun, you can try that or maybe Flutter. Flutter I heard is taking off now.

7. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

At university I learned: C++, C and Matlab (script language for engineering).
    I want to learn Python when I can, but Python is very big language, I don't know how to start.

Dynamogyan likes this.
  8. Jzclo

Jzclo Fapstronaut

That HTML is 'not a programming language'

Dynamogyan likes this.
  9. Jzclo

Jzclo Fapstronaut

My best experience was creating the zigzag mobile game using c#. I would like to know what games or projects you guys have made. Oh and one more thing is it just me or writing code during nofap is a lot more constructive? because the way I see it doing code before my reboot seamed very difficult since I could not think creatively but now I feel like I know what I am doing.

10. Jzclo

Jzclo Fapstronaut

I suggest you start with c# because c# is quite similar to python so once you're done with it you'll be able to get the hang of python programming language.

11. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

Thank you! I often read about c#, but what is the usage of this language? I study for robotics/dynamic systems... Could it be useful for me?

12. Jzclo

Jzclo Fapstronaut

Yes, very useful indeed especially if you want to start of with python, c# is essentially the programming language used to create/build an application. It will help prodigiously for python too and it will also be good for you if you have some knowledge about this language. I don't really know too much about python to be completely honest with you, but i heard from many sources that before starting with python it is highly recommended to have some understanding with c#.

13. Jzclo

Jzclo Fapstronaut

'from many sources' including my programming teachers.

14. Jzclo

Jzclo Fapstronaut

With robotics, I can't really say anything because I actually do not have a clue if it will benefit you from that aspect but what i do know is it will strengthen your knowledge on python. Do some research if it can support you with robotics/dynamic systems.

15. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

Thank you man! I try to find something about C# to start... In my university noone talk about this language, they talk directly about Python, I don't know why..

16. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Does anyone know what’s the current demand in the market? I’m learning swift code for IOS and I like it, but not sure if it’ll bring me anywhere

17. as long as you understand software engineering methods you'll find a job don't worry:D

Lufaro likes this.
  18. CharlieWex

CharlieWex Fapstronaut

Excellent idea , I have long wanted to start learning programming .

19. I'm thinking of starting to learn C++ in the time that I waste on YouTube. But I don't have a computer. I do have an iPad (6th gen) though. Can anyone suggest some ways by which I can run my codes.
    Can only reading books help.
    I only have an introductory knowledge of C++ from my senior secondary classes.

20. I can make static websites with HTML and CSS, really wanna learn Javascript but it's a bit tricky.