1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else struggle with other addictions?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Masturbation is by far the biggest and longest addiction I've had but for the past 10 years I've struggled with alcohol.

Never been a raging drunk by any means...pretty mellow, actually. But enough to be considered above average consumption.

Gina3111 likes this.
  2. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

Have you tried quitting drinking for long periods of time? I quit smoking quite a while ago, in my twenties. My drinking habits weren’t great either, but I had to quit drinking to quit smoking.

Anyways, taking time away from sauce helps you manage it. I take 2 months off every year, no exceptions, no rule breaking, I have to stay sober if I go out to a party that month. And it has reduced my drinking, even during “on” months, by a huge amount.

Billybrasco likes this.
  3. Yeah my pattern is I quit on January 1st until the summer hits about six months later. Then I start drinking again and by the time the new year rolls around I'm sick of it. Taking breaks like that drastically reduced my drinking in general, even when I'm "in season".

Smoking was difficult to quit as well. Funny enough I never had a drinking problem when I smoked. It wasn't until I quit. Classic addiction swapping.