1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else with INFJ personality type?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, Mar 2, 2020.

1. So after several tests it looks like I am a INFJ-T personality type. It makes up about 2% of the population. I learned a lot reading about it the last few days. It explains a lot of situations in my life. I am a unhealthy and traumatised INFJ. Now I will need to learn strategies so that I can make better use of my strengths. I am naturally an introvert. I cant really force myself to be any other way. I see people for who they are often just by looking at them. I dont need many words when interacting with other people. I absolutely hate small talk. I go deep very quickly in conversation. Today I had a girl visiting and I asked her if she had read the Tao Te Ching. I then started talking about Taoism . Of course she havent even heard about the book but thats typically me to be a super nerd and read all the religious texts in the world: Tao Te Ching, Tibetan book of the dead, Bhagavad Gita, the prophet and so on.

2. Well, Hello fellow rare human xD Lol

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  3. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I'm supposed to be one but I refuse to believe it and like to think I'm more of an INTP, then I allow myself to chill and I go full-on INFJ, I think there is a bit of nonsense in all of it.

4. It's not nonsense, We are gradually changing. If everyone fell in those 16 categories exactly then we would have 16 pills for each personality and never have so many mental issues with people these days.
    You will not exactly fit in a profile, you are special and you always will be special even if you fall in a special categories, you will develop some skills and you will lose some over time during different situations. You can be good at something which is stated to be bad in your personality but totally suck at another thing which should be your strong trait.
    Also it depends on in what mindset/mood you are taking the test. We are never happy or sad. It keeps on changing.
    Although I just took that test once and I have never took it again neither I intend to do it again, The point is to know yourself and work on you accordingly. When you understand yourself you know why things are happening instead of being annoyed all the time and you can use powers to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2020
  5. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

My point exactly, many people fail to understand this and get fixiated with their results, in my opinion learning how to develope every single aspect is the key.

6. Caerulea

Caerulea Fapstronaut

I am also an INFJ. I think that MBTI (and Enneagram) can be a useful tool for understanding oneself and how best to relate to people of other dispositions/mindsets, but it's definitely important to not put too much emphasis on it, or ignore the fact that people are more complex than any trait theory can fully capture. It can be fun, it can be interesting - and even helpful - but it isn't the be-all and end-all of who a person is.

7. What you are saying is exactly what an INFJ would say so you have convinced me ;) I did the test sevral times, looked into INSJ, INFP. I refused to accept an answer for an answer but eventually I settled with INFJ since that feels most like me. The tests never showed up with anything else anyways.

8. MBTI isn't science lol. that being said i do feel some pride in being INFJ even if the stats arent correct. I presume we probably make up 1/16th of population or smth like that idk we aren't that rare. To me its basically on par with horoscope level of insight. It can be interesting or fun but I try to go past it when trying to figure out who I am.

9. It only tells you what your main cognitive functions are. You could put a bunch of INFJs together and some of them would appear extroverted while others would be extremely introverted.

It is also a lot more complex. MBTI or any other system cant possibly catch every aspect of who you are. The systems are good at putting people into groups. Any person on the earth would fit into one of the 16 categories.

But thats not going to give you the ultimate answer of who you are. It can help you understand your weak and strong sides but thats about it.

People also have sub personalities, mental disorders and so on. People can have Dissociative identity disorder which means they have several different personalities.

So yea, it is an interesting subject but you cant put any person into a box and say that they are this or that. You are limiting yourself and you are limiting the person you give a label.

SickSicko likes this.
  10. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

I am ISFJ - What exactly is the bad part?

11. I love ISFJS :) As long as you know that it is just a label and doest explain who you really are then you are good.

12. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

I implicitly thank God every day that I'm an "I" and especially a "J". Whew!

13. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

For me all this is just confusing, test tell me I'm a very balanced INTJ, always, people who know me personally and know about typology are like, naah mate, you are an INFJ, specially when you are relaxed and not stressed and jumpy, I see myself more of an INTP, then considering the functions themselves, is like I am an INTJ with a high developed or integrated Ti and Fe, although it was not always that way, there was a tilting point in my life that sort of made me aware of those things, I can recall my early childhood fitting as a pure super stereotypical INFJ, then from like...10 years old onwards, INTJ, nothing close to INFJ feeling-wise...I just used to hurt people's feelings by accident and got people telling stuff like "you need to learn how to handle people's feelings carefully, just because you are smart doesn't mean you can just trash people's feelings" So well I just am who I am, but is interesting to wonder about it, analyzing the functions themselves and how are they suppose to work, and what mental processes are related to them, so I don't know if I'm a damaged INFJ, or a INTJ wich some shadow aspects integrated...or a nutcase INTP is utterly confusing..

For me typology is all about knowing wich mental processes you excel at, which one you struggle with, and integrate the shadow ones to be a more versatile and balanced human. I learnt about typology fairly recently, so when I say about how I used to be typology-wise is always in retrospective, wich to me is not precisely very accurate, specially feeling-wise, like I can recall how I used to think but not how I used to feel, but if I go back enough is the opposite, weird.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  14. lwyrup

lwyrup Fapstronaut

uuhh!! sorry. the what?

15. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

What? Thanks for pointing out the error btw

NF SINCE BIRTH and lwyrup like this.
  16. lwyrup

lwyrup Fapstronaut

haha. no probs. I was meaning to say what's with the weird-ass initials? lol

17. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

So basically is a classification based on the personality theory of Carl Jung, and further detailed by Myers-Briggs, is fundamented on the theory that says we have a set of conscious cognitive functions, and those can be oriented towards the external world (extroverted) or towards the inner world (introverted), and a set of shadow functions, wich would be the subconscious cognitive functions, in relation to the other ones, after that the idea of 16 types of personality depending the more or less dominant functions in the individual and the level of conscious control over their functions in the conscious part.

18. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

I took the test and I'm an ENFJ, a protagonist. Interesting!

19. NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  20. Honestly I think the test is 100% accurate, because when I look at all my life struggles and my way of thinking its 100% matches the infp-t description, the test really helped me learn who I was when I was younger and in that phase of self discovery, which I still am in and might always be but I know it helped me tremendously, and everyone who I have gotten to take the test says it matches them perfectly and I can see it to, like my granddad and grandma are both enfjs, my mom is an infj, my friend is and enfj, and me and my sister are infps, her being an assertive and me a turbulent and that also shows a lot.