1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever read the Christian in complete armour. Its profound

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. kylewantstowin

kylewantstowin Fapstronaut

One of the major keys in my life is trust I think. Whenever I was saved I was alone with a bible. I had been in a church before but I did not trust the church I didn't like the church, I wanted to be baptized but just because I really felt like the bible was true and Jesus was real. I didn't want any relationship other than with my nice Christian girlfriend.... Fast forward 3 years and I've lost everything I've ever wanted, worked hard for, and lived for. I'm broke, I have no car (I wrecked it), all my friends and my new promiscuous sleeping mate have left me, the drugs aren't even working anymore, and I just left my job because they were staying open when Covid started. I had nothing and when I finally had everything stripped away from me I turned to Jesus and found my life in him through him and by his power.
    Those first months of real-life nothing mattered but the Lord and it was just me and him. but as I grew as a Christian my desire was to spread the truth about Christ so through my circumstances I realized that I had a college fund left and decided to devote my time effort and energy into becoming a missionary.
    I'm in college currently and trust is integral because when I first got here I trusted no one. I felt like maybe God had left me or brought me to a place where I was surrounded by heathens because of the way they acted.
    The thing about it is was God was showing me a lot about relationships and trust. to trust in him and his good judgement has been a really important part of my life right now. and also just how important it is for me to have relationships with other Christians. (surprise not all the Christians at the Christian college are heathens who would've guessed.)

praise the Lord and turn to him for his burden is easy and his yoke is light.

(also I'm not illiterate I'm just very tired of writing formal documents and if I turn this into a chore I'll quit. forgive me for terrible grammatical structure)

2. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Wow Kyle, thanks for your awesome story! This gives me encouragement. I'd like to be a missionary to someday, although I'd like to get rid of this addiction first

Toni7 and kylewantstowin like this.
  3. Yes good story

Toni7 likes this.
  4. CaptainStrat

CaptainStrat Fapstronaut

I read the first volume (of three) years ago.
    It’s beyond powerful. It’s so deep and profound I had to keep reminding myself it wasn’t scripture. It’s that powerful.
    Look up David Wilkerson’s response to it. He said it changed his life.

kylewantstowin likes this.
  5. I haven’t read the book. I was agreeing that your story is a good one.
    Thanks for sharing

kylewantstowin likes this.
  6. kylewantstowin

kylewantstowin Fapstronaut

Its not scripture but the puritans were really really in the word and just seeing how it flowed out into their own lives is really awesome and inspiring I just found all three of the modern english versions so ive been cracking through it but it takes a really long time to read even in modern english.

Wilderness Wanderer likes this.