1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here has anxiety

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by 2019 Vic, Mar 24, 2021.

1. 2019 Vic

2019 Vic Fapstronaut

I'm not diagnosed with anxiety, but this pandemic make worse for search medical support, so I'm thinking in start to meditate. I think anxiety makes the process of abstain from PMO more harder. So anyone overcome this with anxiety? How you guys do this ?

2. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

I've been tortured by it my whole life. The best thing I've found is lots of daily long steady cardio training and vipassana meditation. If I walk hills or steps and cover at least 15km a day it helps a lot. Try breathing with your belly not your chest. Breathe in through your nose for five seconds and then exhale for 9. Do this 10 times in a row. If you breathe from your chest it is like a fear response so it can cause anxiety. To learn belly breathing lay down on your back with your hands on your belly. Inhale slowly into your belly so that your hands rise

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    AlphaGod likes this.
  3. Rebooting can bring forth unnoticed anxiety issues if we had them previously. You can start by breathing exercises as ElSabio wrote. Shallow breathing contributes in higher levels of CO2 in blood to which our body is very sensitive - too much CO2 will create sense of fear and danger (anxiety). Wim Hof Method also may help you. Meditation. Seek information about stress and vagus nerve and correlation - it will give you bigger perspactive on what you can do with your anxiety. In longer term I would advise you to seek therapy, anxiety is serious thing. I experienced it enough by myself, battling by myself and I earned much calmness and understanding but now I would be more wise to seek therapy. Anxiety will not vanish by itself but it can bite you out of nowhere even after years of silence.

4. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

I have anxiety bit I don't know how it relates to nofap and rebooting. Actually, I believe nofap helped me reduce my anxiety by having more confidence, and as far as my experience (and I still experience anxiety nowadays) it didn't make me pmo or affect it badly. I experienced a lot of anxiety by going to pre military programs and stuff but when stopped the anxiety reduced, although I still meet it alit (mostly social anxiety)

5. I struggle with some social anxiety, I used to tremble and get sweaty when I would have to teach a class or have a meeting with my supervisor. I would experience some anxiety when interacting with people I wasn't very comfortable with, and I also got that way with girls that I had a crush on.
    I have completed 38 days of no masturbation and I went from trembling and sweaty to just lightly nervous when I have to teach or have a meeting with my supervisor. Phone calls also got better.
    I did feel some improvement when I was talking with people I wasn't comfortable with. I haven't really thrown myself into an intense situation with new people but I had some brief interactions.
    I couldn't tell you how I feel around girls I have a crush on, I haven't had a crush on anyone in the last few months

6. Ricardo26

Ricardo26 Fapstronaut

if masturbation bad so this means sex is bad too