1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here reads any good books?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Moon Shot, May 15, 2018.

1. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Let me know, I've got some recommendations of my own ;) If you don't read, start. Immediately. I am looking for some books to read. Even short stories are great. Anyone read 'The Last Leaf' by O.Henry? It's beautiful. I think it's available online for free. Check it out. Would love to have a bookish discussion. Creative investment's probably one of the best ways to combat P M O for me, keeps the thoughts out of my head, keeps me busy and constructive.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Ecco and Darvesh like this.
  2. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

There are 20 views and no replies? Hmmmmm... Fapstronauts, read up on 'The Last Leaf' and we'll have something to discuss or be amazed at. It's quite short. And book recommendations are shoved up my sleeves in plethoras. So, what are you waiting for?

Darvesh likes this.
  3. Darvesh

Darvesh Fapstronaut

I am in.
    :)

Moon Shot likes this.
  4. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Haha, great to hear that! Fighting the good fight!

5. I used to read fantasy novel, like Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit

Moon Shot likes this.
  6. I used to read fantasy novel, like Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit

Moon Shot likes this.
  7. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

YES! Thank you! Hobbit and LOTR are some of my favourite books of all time. (I'm currently reading LOTR for the first time, but I already know it's a fav.) The only irksome thing about your comment is the 'used to.' Spanish Captain, I ask of you one thing. Please give books another go. Nothing has to do with age. Reading is timeless. Start off by letting me know how you liked 'The Final Leaf' or here's another by the same author: 'The Gift of the Magi'- probably two of the greatest short stories of all time. I may make this a challenge, but reading is one of my few weapons in the arsenal against PMO. Let's fight the good fight, mates!

8. Yes. It's long time ago. I don't know much of the books, especially which you talked about. But I have some in my private library. Most of them are novel and history. I just like reading them because it makes me feel going to another world or through time machine

Moon Shot likes this.
  9. And you know it's little bit hard to search copied books authored by famous writer such as Tolkien, Hemmingway. So I just downloaded it freely in PDF form and printed it, but which I got the grammar and the writing was not very good.

Moon Shot likes this.
  10. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Ok, yeah it is a bit hard to find copied books, and PDF's are easier to get but the quality is not good. I would suggest Kindle, pretty sure it's available on laptops, Apple or Samsung devices and basically any other platform, if you're interested in that kind of thing. Though print is print, and the feel of turning of page is a different thing. A personal library is great! A time machine, you say, huh? I'm in total agreement. Seriously though, find a PDF of 'The Last Leaf' it's only maybe say... 10 pages. Let me know, how you like it. ALL OF YOU PEOPLES! Come on! Read up!

11. There probably aren't many replies because there are already dozens of threads, some very current and recent, about book recommendations. People don't want to repeat themsleves a million times.

Moon Shot likes this.
  12. Yeah I have my own library, not so big, but I have a lot of books. There are dictionaries, scientifical book, short stories. Most of them are local authored. I had Twain's novel once, but it was lost. I had got it from my lecturer .

Moon Shot likes this.
  13. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Whoa... you're loaded man, that's some great stuff you got there. Short stories, you say huh? May I ask what authors? Twain's novel is a loss, but it's great that you have a private, though small collection of words at your fingertips

14. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

@Castielle, mucho gracias, I had no clue. It makes sense now, I'll go check out that discussion you gave a link to. Once again, much much obliged, and I understand that people can only type so much. Well, ignorance isn't bliss, so off I go. :) Fighting the good fight, mates!

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

16. Yea like I told you, it's local author, you must not recognize him such as Elshirazi, Royhan. But I also have famous short stories in the form of small books such as The Man in the Iron Mask

Moon Shot likes this.
  17. In my laptop there are many more, I have Sleepy Hollow, Trojan War. I haven't read all of them yet. And also I had an interesting novel once, but it's gone, the title is The Odd Old Man if I am not mistaken. It's the story about the life of Japanese old man who had sexual illness. It's written like a diary by Japanese author. Maybe you know that?

Moon Shot likes this.
  18. Ah sorry I was wrong. The title is The Key & Diary of Mad Old Man by Junichiro Tanizaki. I've just searched it through google. That's funny you know, but little weird.

19. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

You have some really nice titles there, @Spanish Capitan. No, I haven't heard these authors like Elshirazi, Royhan. And I had no idea about this Japanese book. Really interesting. I'm happy to know that there are titles you have yet to read. It gives me a sense of satisfaction knowing that the supply of books cannot be sated. As someone on the internet once posted, (I have forgotten the origin and creator but here's the meme) 'I was born with an unfinished reading list in my hand.' Lol