1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know how to quit knuckle Cracking?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Quitterrr, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Quitterrr

Quitterrr Fapstronaut

It's been about 6 years since I started knuckle Cracking, I rly wanna stop it, anyone have any tips?

2. Quitterrr

Quitterrr Fapstronaut

Writing this cause I need answers

3. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Why do you want to stop?

4. Quitterrr

Quitterrr Fapstronaut

Cuz I want to?!

5. Same. I lost my ability to Crack my knuckles because I constantly did it but I'm still cracking my fingers.

6. Because it can form into an addiction of sorts for people, especially if it's something you've done since you were a wee child. Not to mention the forceful impact has been shown to wear down your ligaments and cause other problems like arthritis for some folks.

7. Quitterrr

Quitterrr Fapstronaut

Yeah I've been doing it since I was 8, I tried quitting it but for me, it was easier to quit pmo for some reason

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. I've gotten it down a lot better than before, I'd crack each joint and move to the next one. It became a compulsion especially when I felt they needed to be cracked, but I still have issues around cracking them.

Ingrained behaviours are really hard to change, and you can do that one any time you want without repercussions unlike pmo in terms of being caught.

9. Quitterrr

Quitterrr Fapstronaut

I once watched a video that said " when u feel like cracking your knuckles, hit ur hand, ur brain will associate the pain with knuckle cracking and will stop it" idk if it works, I'll try my best to quit, and you too good luck!

10. Wave Surfer 2.0

Wave Surfer 2.0 New Fapstronaut

"Some tips that might help you break the habit:
    • Think about why you crack your knuckles and address any underlying issues.
    • Find another way to relieve stress, such as deep breathing, exercise or meditation.
    • Occupy your hands with other stress relievers, such as squeezing a stress ball or rubbing a worry stone.
    • Become aware of each time you crack your knuckles and consciously stop yourself.
    • Wear a rubber band on your wrist and snap it whenever you’re about to crack your knuckles."

Quitterrr likes this.
  11. Quitterrr

Quitterrr Fapstronaut

Wow, finally someone answered the question, thank you so much man, rly appreciate it, I'll try my best from now

Wave Surfer 2.0 likes this.
  12. Wave Surfer 2.0

Wave Surfer 2.0 New Fapstronaut

1 second google search but you're welcome mate :emoji_smile:

13. Cathcart22

Cathcart22 Fapstronaut

Now you have me imagining a whole website dedicated to people who want to stop cracking their knuckles. I bet it’d be called “NoCrack.”

Maybe it’s already taken though by another sort of addict haha!

14. Quitterrr

Quitterrr Fapstronaut

Ive never seen something that is genuinely this funny lmao, thx you made my lol

Cathcart22 likes this.
  15. Quitterrr

Quitterrr Fapstronaut

You made my day** (it was 2 am btw so I was half asleep lol)

Cathcart22 likes this.