1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone miss life before smartphones?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Kman20, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Media fasting?

I like it already.

The videos I watch are Christian.

I have a Kent Hovind, Charles Lawson, and Spike Psarris playlist.

When I turn these on at night, I feel like it gives me comfort,

to keep the demons at bay.

Because they surround this neighborhood, like pollution...

2. Yeah, I was off for most of 2020. I just went back to promote my music,

but I'm going to delete again.

I hate social media.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Summer Son

Summer Son Fapstronaut

Mainstream social media and entertainment companies design their products to more appealing as possible. They wants their 'users' more attention and their time. So they can sell ads and their users' data and of course, manipulate them. Smartphones have too many distractions, there is a reason for some people want a dumbphone lifestyle because they want their attentions back. Maybe we can't go back old days, but in my opinion, we as technology users should not let these companies to loutishly use users attentions to make money, especially when it comes to effects on young people. Tristan Harris have a great project called Time Well Spent.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352250X19300880

I think we should pay attention to some people like Tristan Harris, Jaron Lanier, Cal Newport, Sherry Turkle.

PS: I've really liked "The Social Dilemma" Netflix documentary about this topic.

4. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

No, because I never got one - Ha! I still use a flip phone, for practical or emergency use only. I love the contemplative freedom of looking up into the hills or relishing the sun and stars or smelling the roses or appreciating people and what they have to say, rather than have my nose down into a smartphone all day and be a 24/7 slave to a device and lose all inner contemplation.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  5. Sacred Fire

Sacred Fire Fapstronaut

I have this exact mind/feeling about it. Like how absurd to not enjoy Present Moment to share a mere glimpse with some fools digitally... Not even there????

My friends would slap the shutout of me for it. We gaming N64 here!!! Or road hockey. Let's play road hockey with ur smartphone!!!!! It's the puck. Get out!!!

6. Sacred Fire

Sacred Fire Fapstronaut

Yeah. People were much more... Humane when we had to to the library or read a book... Play to together... Now disconnected.. even though apparently all Inter...connected. horse crap,!