1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone see DBS Broly ? What were your thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Kman20, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

im just curious and want to know. Overall start a conversation.

2. KillCommunism

KillCommunism Fapstronaut

I wanted more out of it but ultimately it was exactly what I expected; a dumb dbz action movie with great fighting, funny but a subpar story. I'd say it's probably the worst of the last 3 dbz movies. If they turn the broly film into a DB Super arc, I'm hoping they expand on....

WARNING BIG BIG SPOILERS AHEAD

....Broly's savage nature. I want to see more of that. A few scenes in the film made it obvious Broly had never seen civilization before, but more of that would've been nice. His reaction to seeing a female for the first time would've been funny. He saw Bulma, and that green girl had a good figure as well, which the film had no qualms showing off, but didn't seem even a slight bit interested.

Paragus' death was too sudden imo and ended up as just a gag to trigger Broly's transformation into the big legendary super saiyan , which should've been a serious moment. Instead that scene all felt like a big joke and it was hard to take serious. At the end, Broly seems to have completely forgotten that his dad just died. The only mourning scene he had was seconds after Frieza killed him and the whole thing was a 1 minute gag from death to legendary super saiyan transformation.

I'm hoping the episodic version, if it's turned into a super arc, does it better. But man the art style was beautiful.

Kman20 likes this.
  3. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I agree. The comedy was definitely good though. I wished he had mourned and seeing his dad die had been more emotional and drawn out. I mean he was all he had for the past like 40 years you think he'd be upset for longer than a few seconds. I agree the art style was fucking spectacular. There is a whole lot they could have done better and should have done better.

SPOILERS

For example why didn't Gogeta just kill Freiza at the end? Lol makes no sense. He should be able to just blink at Freiza and he should be able to kill him.

4. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

I guess I'm the only one here who loved this movie :(

Kman20 likes this.
  5. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Don’t get me wrong it was good. I’m just criticizing it’s bad points but I did love it. What’d you like about it? Let’s fanboy.

MJ93 likes this.
  6. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

I laughed alot at how Broly beat up Frieza

Kman20 likes this.
  7. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Lol for one hour, honestly he should have been dead though.

Sovereign Elder likes this.
  8. Sovereign Elder

Sovereign Elder Fapstronaut

got some triggers from the green alien but overall great movie 10/10
    The first fight with Vegeta and broly was the best IMO becuase those punches were animated so good, I felt the impact of the punches and my head shook around.

Kman20 likes this.
  9. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Yeah I felt them too. In the fights after the punches didn't feel as impactful, especially with the lack of blood and you don't really see either side being damaged aside from their clothes being ripped. They just didn't seem like they were on the brink of defeat. When they teleported to Piccolo I was like "That's it?" I thought their fight was just getting started since they both seemed pretty roaring to go still. In DBZ you can tell when someone was on their last legs, compare the punches in DBS to the ones in DBZ and woah. It's like a mouse fighting then a lion fighting.

10. Topic

Topic Fapstronaut

The audience laughed at some of the sensualised shots of the alien girl.

This 'canon' version of Broly is much better than the original, more fleshed out and sympathetic. I'm really curious to see how his character will develop in the future. However, I wonder if he would overshadow Goku and Vegeta if the three ever fought together. I did have a minor complaint about his fight with SSG Vegeta. I feel like Vegeta should have been able to easily knock him out considering the form's power. SSG/B have been undermined during the series.

Music was hype, especially the soundtrack when Broly fought Goku, 'Go Broly go go!' I immediately downloaded it when I got home.

Fight choregraphy, probably the best I've seen in Dragon Ball. It was really fast and intense. Did Broly and Gogeta destroy an alternate dimension? I wonder how the screenplay would look, with all the screams and spectacles.

Kman20 likes this.
  11. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I really agree with the undermining if the god forms. You can barely tell the power difference between it and super saiyan. The movie showcases that the difference isn’t as substantial as it’s supposed to be. Blue god should be 100s or even 1000s tines stronger than 3. Yet it seens like turnjng god was just as much a boost as it’d be if they turned super saiyan 2.

I agree Broly is much more sympathetic character now. There’s no way you could consider him a bad guy, after that movie he’s as good a good guy as the Z fighters.

Although I do miss the old savage monster of a badass the old broly was. That one was scary. This new broly is more like a powerful good guy. Or a superman.

The gogeta vs broly song is my fave. GOGETA GOGETAA so badass. I’m glad the difference in power between the two was evident. In DBS the power scaling is terrible.