1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone suffering from retroactive jealousy?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Gorilla.hands, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Gorilla.hands

Gorilla.hands Fapstronaut

Hey community!
    I always have the problem that I was jealous about the past of my girlfriends... now I finally found a name for it. "Retroactive jealousy" which is a form of OCD. Does anyone struggles also with that? I just ordered some books straight away, but would be glad about help and advices! :)

2. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

I feel it too. The only solution I know of is to avoid serious relationships and just hook up. I don’t want to hear some girl talk about her “wild phase,” I want to be part of it!

3. I also have this issue. But I think it's just a symptom of other deeper issues rooted in my lack of boundaries and internalized shame. If I knew myself, didn't feel so much shame and if I was deeply grounded, I wouldn't feel so insecure and "jealous".

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  4. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

I'm sorry WHAT?

Instead of sitting down and recognizing the insecurities which define your current behavior, this is what strikes you as a solution?

Optimum Fortitude likes this.
  5. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

Yeah, if you have that kind of relationship, partner count doesn’t mean anything. No need to beat yourself up about it.

Optimum Fortitude likes this.