1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone tried naturism?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Katiee.9, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Katiee.9

Katiee.9 New Fapstronaut

Heya. This might be a bit of a strange topic to initially bring up but has anyone tried naturism, to change their outlook on the naked body and create a more body-positive, healthy mindset, as opposed to relating nudity to just sex? I'd be keen to hear from anyone with similar thoughts :) Thanks x

2. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

I have. I am trying to look at girls with complete awareness. And I am being able to do it. I think sexuality should be our choice. I want to reach this state.

What about your thoughts?

she-dernatinus likes this.
  3. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Even cavemen covered themselves with rugs and leather, there is something off about "naturism".

Usernameallowed and determined99 like this.
  4. Katiee.9

Katiee.9 New Fapstronaut

What do you mean by "trying to look at girls with complete awareness" ?

I agree that nudity does not need to mean anything to do with sex. There are many cultures and people out there who are able to separate the 2 and I think many of us have a lot to learn by it!

I think the naked body should be able to be admired through pure eyes and by getting to that stage would be so freeing for many of us

What level of naturism have you practised? Like by yourself or somewhere more open?

5. Katiee.9

Katiee.9 New Fapstronaut

That's an interesting response. Any thoughts on why you think it is 'off?

6. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

I meant looking without lust. But it seems I misunderstood what you said. I thought naturism is about the fact that attraction to flesh is not a good thing. But, it turned up practicing nudity. So, I am not a naturist.

Even though I don't relate nudity to sex, I don't like to look at other's genitals.

Katiee.9 likes this.
  7. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Cannot put my finger on it, it just don't feel right.

8. I like this idea. I’ve tried moreso to walk around naked before and after showering for a bit. I’ve always felt uncomfortable doing that. Am trying to get over it and get comfortable with my body!

Katiee.9 likes this.
  9. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

For me I disagree with alot of the idea of body positivity. It seems to me most people who are "body positive" are trying to convey the idea beauty is relative, which I believe also to a degree, but I have seen it argued more often than not on the extreme side. I remember seeing this video of a slim woman walking up a wall with these two ropes until she hung completely verticall on the wall, it then slid to another slide showing a woman who was quite fat doing the same thing. She fell almost immediately. I remember commenting "If she was more positive she would have been able to do it", that got me banned of course lol, but the point I was trying to make is people are viewing "Body Positivity" as an excuse to remain unhealthy and unwilling to except the fact they are fat and unhealthy because they choose to be. I remember reading an article Victoria Secret is coming out with an issue with "Normal" and "Real" woman showing thier clothing, as if their current models aren't "real" woman.

You will never see a unhealthy professional figure skater. You will never see a fat unhealthy professional exotic dancer. You will never see a fat professional mma fighter. Fatness is not attractive. Cause lord knows I am most certainly not attractive and I have no intention of remaining this way.

About 5 months ago I was insane smoker up to 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day and weighed up to 310 pounds. The basic things were difficult. Getting out of the car was difficult, walking on flat ground for a certain period of time was difficult. I promise you I wasn't going around declaring that I'm beautiful cause I'm "Unique". People called me fat. Did I like it? No, but guess what they are absolutely right. I was unhealthy and my body always felt like shit. The truth hurts. Since then I've quit smoking and cut down enormously of how much I used to eat and began to exercise and got down to 275 right now. This is the best I've felt in years. Not just emotionally but physically as well. Just being able to do basic things comfortably again is a relief and knowing I can do even better is quite empowering. Choosing to be fat is one thing. Saying he or she is beautiful is another. It defys logic.

gamegeek2001, Talz and determined99 like this.
  10. Katiee.9

Katiee.9 New Fapstronaut

It's definitely something that goes against what a lot of us have been brought up to accept. But on the flip side its the most natural thing ever and doesn't have to be weird or anything :)

Gina3111 likes this.
  11. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I like being around the house just on underwear after a shower, totally naked? not so much, feels weird...

I don't know, I think there is something deep about it that I cannot fully grasp, as I said, even cavemen covered themselves with something, if you are going to tell me that is "nature" "natural" thing, it doesn't get more close to nature than cavemen lifestyle ...

I mean, even if you don't believe I still find it interesting that in the bible the first thing adan and eve did when became self aware is to cover themselves.

There is something to it, I don't know what it is, but there is something to it.

Hadrian3 likes this.
  12. Katiee.9

Katiee.9 New Fapstronaut

I actually agree largely with what you have said. I don't support shying away from being fit and healthy, under the shield of 'body positivity'.

I myself live a relatively fit and healthy lifestyle.

To me, being body positive means being confident and encouraging others to have confidence in their bodies. It means being nice to eachother and not shaming others for their insecurities, as we all have them! BUT It should also mean looking after your body!

What I would add to your comment is that the few that shy away from looking after themselves under the title of 'body positivity' is missing the point x

13. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Yeah, I thought about that a long time ago. It seemed like just a cop out - a rationalization to imbibe the same nudity for sexual gratification ultimately. One's eros and sexual needs just don't vanish because one wants to play an imaginary game of Garden of Eden.

14. Katiee.9

Katiee.9 New Fapstronaut

Maybe what you are referring to us just not true naturism? There's bound to be loads of people with that way of thinking, but there is also going to be a few who are genuine and we could learn from perhaps?

15. Katiee.9

Katiee.9 New Fapstronaut

Yayyy :) :) :)

Gina3111 likes this.
  16. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Most probably, asking this among addicts with sexual issues isn't going to result in the pure naturalism that you are seemingly looking for. I'm wondering why this is the forum that you think it best to explore this idea, rather than a forum where folks are not struggling with sexual issues and perhaps can consider the idea from a more naturistic viewpoint.

17. ProminentPosterior

ProminentPosterior Fapstronaut

Gina3111 likes this.
  18. In my opinion, I think that if nudity is restricted to a certain area like a beach, then I think that’s fine.

I can’t do naturism unless it’s too hot outside at night and I practically have to sleep naked.

19. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

As a finnish person I don't necessarily view nakedness automatically as a sexual thing. (Look up sauna.) Imo nudism isn't necessarily required to develop a healthier outlook on the human body. Occasionally seeing nudity in non-sexual setting and shifting your mindset are probably enough. But hey, do what you feel is the best for you.

20. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

I've thought about going to the nude beach before, but I don't know if I could handle it. I'm just way too sexual a person naturally and have been since I was a little kid. I used to hang out naked at home a lot, but since doing nofap I try to be dressed as much as I can.